jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What Are the Best Vitamins and Minerals to Take?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. True Cures profile image62
    True Curesposted 5 years ago

Fresh vegetables, fruits and medium rare to rare meats, everything else is 95% placebo.  Use your money to prepare less processed meals and don't worry about pesticides and growth hormones.  If you drink pure water and don't use antiperspirants and deodorants your lymphatic system will remove any miniscule trace amounts of those substances without any harm to you. 

Processed vitamins and minerals are gimmicks to sell you something that does not have to prove to useful at all.  The FDA will let anyone sell anything and all it takes to get rich off of bottle products is great marketing.  Disease will continue to rise and people will continue to devolve as long as they put their faith in such gimmicks.

3. Minnetonka Twin profile image87
    Minnetonka Twinposted 5 years ago

I think it's important to take the basics ones, especially as we age. I take Shaklee Vitamins because I have done research on them and they are the best as far as I'm concerned. This is what I consider important: Multi-Vitamin, Calcium, (especially for women)Vitamin C and Nutri Feron which helps keep the immune system strong. I've done a lot of research because I'm a lung cancer survivor. I take more than this list but that's because my immune system took a big hit with the chemo and radiation and surgeries. For most people, taking several vitamins is not necessary but the ones I mentioned, I believe to be important.

4. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I can't tell if it is the best but these are what I am taking daily.

1. Multi-vitamins
    2. Vitamin C
    3. Vitamin B Complex
    4. Gingko
    5. Liquid Calcium
    6. Fish Oil

5. rlaha profile image69
    rlahaposted 5 years ago

I think if you just take a multivitamin with Iron you should be fine. Just make sure you don't take any other vitamins by themselves unless diagnosed by your doctor because too much is not always a good thing. Good luck.

6. harmony155 profile image70
    harmony155posted 5 years ago

There's new research that vitamin D will decrease your risk for cancer, diabetes, and bone density loss. Most Americans don't get the natural amounts of vitamin D from sunlight so supplementing is highly advised.

7. DeanCash profile image61
    DeanCashposted 5 years ago

Even the best vitamins and minerals make no sense if your body does not adsorb any. I still believe on a good diet (always consider eating vegetables), exercise, good night sleep and choose your environment carefully (avoid going in smoggy cities).