jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

For Vitamine & Minerals

1. debfrench profile image61
    debfrenchposted 4 years ago

For Vitamine & Minerals

When is the best time to take  Vitamine & Minerals? &  Vitamine D 3 ?
    And which Vitamines or good to take to sleep better and not feel so tired the next day?

2. Jlbowden profile image92
    Jlbowdenposted 4 years ago

It is good to speak to a nutritionist, or your personal healthcare provider about what vitamins & minerals you should be taking.  You have to remember also, that not all individuals, need vitamin & mineral supplementation.  They like RX meds can also cause interactions and side-effects.

As far as vitamin D goes, many people actually need to take one 50 '000 I.U. Of Prescription strength vitamin D, one time each week, for at least a months time;  to get their levels at an optimal range.  Another reason why you should consult an M.D.  Hope this bit of info. Helps you out.

1. debfrench profile image61
      debfrenchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the help

2. Jlbowden profile image92
      Jlbowdenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You're quite welcome...and hope it proves useful in some way to benefit your health.

3. nemobird profile image74
    nemobirdposted 4 years ago

The best  time to  take vitamins is really not so much in the vitamins themselves, but in the way they are prepared by the manufacturer. For example, a vitamin that is suspended in an oil base is going to have different absorption parameters than say an HCL preparation.

Time of day is not the only factor.  Stomach contents, hydration of the patient etc...

Taking 10 to 15 minutes prior to mealtime is best, unless you experience nausea, in which case, you can take them with meals.

4. SAM ELDER profile image73
    SAM ELDERposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7980152_f260.jpg

The best source of vitamins and minerals is organic food. Vitamine D  3 can be found in... "shown picture bellow"... and also in simple sunbathing. Sun makes your organism actually produce the vitamin D3.

What concerns pharmaceutical products and supplements , you have to seek your doctor's advise. 

The source of the picture... (solar facts and advices)

5. Kevina Oyatedor profile image70
    Kevina Oyatedorposted 4 years ago

I take Nature Made multivitamin with iron once a day after I have a meal. It gives me energy so I am not so tired all the time. Even though I am 24, I get tired from time to time, so this is good for me.

6. carol7777 profile image90
    carol7777posted 4 years ago

Calcium and magnesium help you sleep if you take before bedtime.  Some vitamins you need to have food and others on an empty stomach.

7. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 4 years ago

Vitamin C is a great way to start off a morning. It gives you energy. Also, eating bananas is a great way to get energy by giving you loads of Potassium.

8. Ericdierker profile image57
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

Friend that is so individual that someone who answers it does not care.
    Eat well and take the extra supplements after eating. Think of the vitamins and minerals as something to take because you are not getting them in your diet. Get a mindset that it is good for you. Feel good about taking them. Consult an expert. Figure out a design that is right for you.
    These things are not cookie cutter. Get in tune with you body's needs. Feel it, be it. Know it and do it.

9. artist101 profile image71
    artist101posted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7792508_f260.jpg

A multi vitamin should be taken in the morning for energy, the B vitamins are the energy, and stress vitamins. D3, is best taken with calcium, at bedtime, to help promote relaxation, and better sleep. Calcium should be taken with a fat for better absorption, such as a spoon ful of peanut butter. Magnesium, is an excellent muscle, and mind relaxer, and will promote sleep. Obtained either in a capsule, or liquid form, for better absorption. Calcium, and magnesium, and zinc come in a combined capsule form, its cheaper than buying them separately, taken with D3. The usual dosage is 3 at bedtime, (cal/mag).

working