When was the last time you were happy and for how long?

1. Unleashed Freedom profile image60
    Unleashed Freedomposted 6 years ago

When was the last time you were happy and for how long?

how long did it last? did you try and recreate it to make it last more? or just content with what took place then and there smile

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6488921_f260.jpg

2. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

This question implies that we are either ecstaticly happy or down in the dumps.  This interpretation also infers a certain bi-polar interpretation of happiness: either we're experiencing it or, if not, things are not as they should be.  This is just my opinion, of course, and you might not agree.

Personally I believe I'm a fairly happy person.  My younger son, who happens to be a forty-five year old single dad, remarked only recently to tell me that "Dad, do you know that you go around humming most of the time."  He is, of course, right.    I also sing to myself on occassion.

So is this happiness?   Maybe.  One thing most of us do comprehend is that happiness is not generally something we 'know' we are experiencing.  That usually comes upon reflection after the event.  And the moment we start remembering that happy moment in time has already passed.   

We are happy when we are fully engrossed in doing something or experiencing something we enjoy and a certain feeling of joy comes up automatically.  We are then 'in the moment' and it is a pleasant moment.   We can, of course, 'be in the moment' in a state of abject fear.   

Moments of true, really top-rate happiness, those times we can look back on can usually be remembered as a few minutes or hours in a particular day.  For the rest of the time we reside somewhere between contentment and discontentment as we go on seeking that elusive something which can never be found, but can only arise from within.

working