What do you do to control the sudden urge to eat everything in sight when you ar

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Vellur profile image93
    Vellurposted 12 years ago

What do you do to control the sudden urge to eat everything in sight when you ar one a diet?

2. rahul0324 profile image77
    rahul0324posted 12 years ago

Breathe in and breathe out..... with every inspiration  think that it is important for you to control your urge and with every expiration think in your mind that you are losing the urge...

This kind of yoga helps... Trust me smile

Vellurposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am a great believer in yoga. Yoga helps in anything and everything. Thank you.

3. profile image0
    rmcleveposted 12 years ago

Grab a piece of fruit and fill your glass with water. Go for a walk or throw the tempting food away! You must realize and accept the challenge you've signed up for. This is not a diet; it is a lifestyle change. Everyday is practice for the future. You don't have to be perfect. There is room for error. Try to make each day one more way of ensuring yourself a long and healthy future.

Good idea. Thank you.

4. sangre profile image91
    sangreposted 12 years ago

Have a supply of fruit, things like grapes or bananas in your bag as an alternative . Plus thinking about the extra pounds you will put on if you eat the item, usually ends up being the deciding factor on not eating it.

Good advice, fruits are great. Thank you.

5. MikeNV profile image69
    MikeNVposted 12 years ago

I have never in my life been on a weight loss diet of any kind.

If you truly want to control your cravings all you have to do is fix your diet.  Most people eat junk and have no idea what it means to eat a "balanced diet".

When you are eating properly your body will not trigger cravings of any kind.

If  you drink soda, eat refined grains - pasta, bread, cereals, or fast food, or out of cans or packages, you are not going to defeat your cravings.  Food companies INTENTIONALLY engineer their products so it will CREATE CRAVINGS.

1. cloverleaffarm profile image77
      cloverleaffarmposted 12 years agoin reply to this

While I mostly agree, there are circumstances where a person gains weight from being immobile, not of their own accord. I ate properly, but still gained a lot of weight when I was sick for over a year. I could not exercise.

2. Vellur profile image93

I guess a combination of exercise and diet will help and ofcourse avoiding the junk food and having great self control. Thank you.

6. cloverleaffarm profile image77
    cloverleaffarmposted 12 years ago

I look at a picture of me when I was 215 pounds, and know I never want to go there again!

Great idea. A good motivation to stop eating. Thank you.

7. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 12 years ago

CLEAN! Seriously. Its helps. Also, sucking on low calorie hard candies help. I use butterscotch hard candies. They not only keep your sweet tooth away but distract your taste buds!

If you enjoy cucumber, eat several a day. They have only 10 calories for a medium sized one and are yummy and will make you feel as if you are eating a lot due to the water content. I love to cut them like chips and add a little salt. YUM!

Pickles, for the same reason, are great to munch on. Very low calories. These, however, have much salt!

Cucumbers are a great option. Thank you.

8. Diana Lee profile image80
    Diana Leeposted 12 years ago

When you keep your hands and mind busy being creative when the urge hits it can help stop you from eating things you shouldn't. Check out how I managed to lose over thirty pounds. http://diana-lee.hubpages.com/hub/WRITE-AWAY-THE-POUNDS

9. teaches12345 profile image77
    teaches12345posted 12 years ago

I keep healthy snacks available such as almonds, fruit and veggies.  I also will snack on hummus and pita bread is my calorie intake is low for the day.  One thing I have found that really helps to stabilize my blood sugar and cravings is eating a good sized, healthy breakfast in the morning.  Drinks at least 40  oz. of water a day (preferably more).  It helps curb your appetite and keeps you hydrated.

Thank you, good ideas to keep off the cravings. Drinking water is definitely important.

10. arb profile image76
    arbposted 12 years ago

make sure everything in sight, is everything you hate!

A bit dificult to do that but worth a try. Thank you.

11. Tonipet profile image82
    Tonipetposted 12 years ago

I'd grab something sweet. This usually curves down my appetite with almost everything. It's why I carry dried fruits every time I'm on travel. But thanks that I can eat anything without restrictions. I still need to gain weight. Thank you Vellur.

Great wonderful, touch wood. Wishing you good luck and have fun. Thank you.

12. Karen N profile image70
    Karen Nposted 12 years ago

Try to not skip meals and let yourself get hungry, this is them when you're most likely to binge.  Also be sure to keep plenty of healthy snacks around and don't let yourself feel deprived by trying to stick to a diet that is unrealistic.

13. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 12 years ago

I eat fruit....like really sweet blackberries or strawberries, bananas....I throw them in the blender and make a delicious drink.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)