jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are possible causes of long-term nausea?

1. profile image0
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

What are possible causes of long-term nausea?

I find myself feeling nauseated in the mornings before or after breakfast. Sometimes it lasts into the evening and I can lose my appetite all day.

Many people have told me they feel similarly. What sort of issues could be causing this? It is similar to the nausea iron pills give people with sensitive stomachs.

2. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 5 years ago

I could recommend some things, but I think it would be best to consult a doctor before taking any action.

3. carol3san profile image60
    carol3sanposted 5 years ago

I believe when nausea is prolonged, it is either a psychological condition, or a condition caused by a physical ailment.  The kind of physical ailment I am speaking of is associated with the esophagus, stomach, and intestines.  Anyone who suffers with prolonged nausea should be seen by their physician.

4. MikeNV profile image80
    MikeNVposted 5 years ago

Track everything you eat in a food journal.

Compare what you have eaten to how you feel the next day or even 2 days into the future.

Food triggers a lot of reactions that can be delayed.

Most food is full of toxic additives.

If you are not willing to do that then you will never find if the underlying cause is Nutritional and it nearly always is nutritional.

If there is an underlying medical/disease then you need to seem medical attention.  If you do not figure out if it is food related first then you are wasting your time and effort.  Doctors do not deal with Nutrition for the most part. They look for pathogens.

5. Cherrietgee profile image77
    Cherrietgeeposted 5 years ago

MikeNV said some of what I was going to say. I know from experience that food can often cause nausea. I was "sick" for years. Though most doctor's don't deal with nutrition as MikeNV said. I totally agree with keeping the food journal. If you notice that certain foods make you feel certain ways, I would also recommened seeing a doctor of naturapathic medicine, an allerigist or a gastroentrologist. Each of those professionals should be able to help you. They have most certainly helped me.

There are tons of people who have food intolerances, sensitivies or allergies that they don't know about.

6. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I love all the answers to this question.  I am keeping these in mind should I ever need to help someone on this.  I would agree that seeing a medical doctor is the first thing you should do because it could be anything causing this.  Other than pregnancy, people I know have had diabetes complications, head injuries and allergies to items in their home (pets, carpet, fumes, etc.).  Please see a doctor, we want you to feel better.

working