jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can you live a week without your favorite things?

1. Lyrickkw profile image70
    Lyrickkwposted 5 years ago

Can you live a week without your favorite things?

If you were asked to live a week without your favorite items could you last or would you give in? What is your favorite item could you not part from and why? How would it affect your everyday schedule and why? Example: Coffee drinker- week of no caffeine.

2. SidKemp profile image93
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Yes, I can. I know because I have. I've done it voluntarily by going on meditation retreat for 8 days. I've done it without having a choice by living through illness and high fever. And I mean giving up *all* of my favorite things. It is harder to give up just some of them, which I'm doing right now. For health and financial reasons, I'm giving up some things I like right in the middle of an ordinary, busy life. That is hardest of all, but I can do it.

And the value is great. We learn unconditional happiness - happiness that does not arise from having anything at all, but from being truly who we are, and giving what we have to give.

3. Captainausume profile image61
    Captainausumeposted 5 years ago

I suppose, like most typical young people, my tech toys are my favorite things (phone, laptop, etc.) I suppose I could go a week without them given a good reason to do so. But otherwise, I don't see the need.

4. Self Help Tips profile image70
    Self Help Tipsposted 5 years ago

Yes I can
    But I would rather not
    Depends what the motivation is
    If it captures your imagination all is possible
    If it is a burden you set yourself up to fail
    The will is stronger than many believe
    Have faith and you will succeed

Hope this helps.
    Bye for now