jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Can you recall your worst emotions when going back to school?

1. Anjili profile image80
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Can you recall your worst emotions when going back to school?

2. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

Absolutely as I hated school! This was many, many years ago - I left school aged 16 in 1978 and it was the happiest day of my life! My worse emotions were dread and depression! Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of great friends and most of the teachers were okay. But because my friends and I came from a rough mining village instead of the stuck up large towns, we were treated like s-------! It really made school and ordeal rather than just a chore. So many memories from my school days are pretty grim!

3. rahul0324 profile image84
    rahul0324posted 5 years ago

Absolutely every worst emotion

soiled pants and returned home without pants in pre-school

ran into the principals chamber in swim-wear in kg

had a pony in front of the whole school in grade 3

pants torn from the back in grade 2,3,6,8.... LOL

everyone callin me fatso fatso for 6 f**king years

first heartbreak in grade 6 then in 9 then in 11th...

slapped a teacher and faced suspension

broke school property and faced suspension

had my hairs cut by the principal in front of the whole school at the age of 16....

Do you even want more smile ??

Anjiliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You need not say more. Yours was indeed a terrible experience. You must hate school with a passion.

4. kynthia2374 profile image66
    kynthia2374posted 5 years ago

Sometimes it the things that we go through in school that set the pace for the journey of our lives.  If we can recall these things so vividly maybe we need to take a closer look on the inside and see what "life" is trying to teach us.

As an adult, do we still feel rejected like we did when we got picked last for sports?  How about when someone leaves us?  Does it still feel like it did when we lost our first high school crush?  Do we still feel the bitter sting of humiliation like we did in school when we now fail and are condemned by our co-workers?

Tragedies like these  things that occur at such a young age stay with us.  They create thought beliefs and patterns.  Ever hear of the term, "The continuous cycle"?  We continue these "cycles" until we can identify with them and forgive ourselves for them.  When we are children we don't know any better,  We need to be protected and cared for.  So when these "bad" things happen we put them away, hide them and ignore them, not to mention punish ourselves for going through them.  We don't know enough to resolve them.

As adults, experiencing these cycles over and over again,  we can choose to dig back into the memory banks and figure out when these patterns first began.  And when we do, we can then choose to let them go.  If we still choose to hold onto them, and experience them, then a little more self-reflection is needed.  Playing the victim never gets anyone anywhere...

Anjiliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like your psychological stand on this. We are better off without projecting the past into our future

5. Self Help Tips profile image70
    Self Help Tipsposted 5 years ago

Yes - school is soul destroying, boring, alienating and anxiety eliciting.