jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What one should do in the stage of deep depression?

1. anupma profile image80
    anupmaposted 5 years ago

What one should do in the stage of deep depression?

Sometimes we find ourselves very upset without any reason. What should we do to come out from this stage?

2. maggieju profile image60
    maggiejuposted 5 years ago

You should consult a doctor or a psychologist.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 5 years ago

While being very upset and being depressed are two very different things, there is no one answer that will work for everyone in either instance. Depression can affect every aspect of life, and it's certainly a good idea to get a professional medical evaluation of the condition, but there are also a number of coping skills that have shown to be useful in many depression sufferers. Rather than re-hash them here, I'll direct you to the hub I already wrote with what's worked for me when dealing with severe clinical depression:

http://wychic.hubpages.com/hub/A-Long-W … ow-to-Cope

4. CrescentSkies profile image87
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

Being upset is not deep depression. If you're upset for a month and are having suicidal thoughts then consult a doctor immediately and then a psychologist. If you're just in a slump then exercise daily and take supplements of St. John's Wart to manage the slump.

5. LoryRich profile image83
    LoryRichposted 5 years ago

Depression, in general,  could be  an outcome of our stressful and isolated life.  Untreated depression could lead to some serious consequences that can slowly ruin one's life and relationships.  To avert this possibility, the person  has to understand first  its nature, its root cause(s) and what depression treatment help are available. Let this hub provide some information and  advice. read more

6. artist101 profile image69
    artist101posted 5 years ago

I have written an Article on this particular subject. http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/menap … -meltdown. It can have many physical causes, from meno, to poor health, to nutrition. Many times it isn't life circumstances that cause depression, there are many physical causes that can predispose you to this condition. Much like diabetes, or any other illness. Stress, can also be a contributing factor. Wether it is a current or past stress, it is a factor to consider. B complex vitamins help us to cope with life stresses, we require them daily. Either in our diet, or as a supplement. The more stress, the more b vitamins we require. Depression may be your body bottoming out, because it has depleted its store of nutrients. Your body is a wonderful, miraculous machine, that requires the fuel to maintain its health and well being. If you do not give it the required nutrients it cannot perform. Prayer, sunshine and fresh air are also helpful. I hope this helps.