Why is it so difficult to maintain motivation to exercise?

1. ereekie profile image61
    ereekieposted 5 years ago

Why is it so difficult to maintain motivation to exercise?

I've always loved running, which I started to do on a regular basis this spring. For all of March and most of April, I kept it up consistently, running about 2 miles every morning. But then, with no apparent catalyst, I lost my motivation. I haven't gone out in almost a month, and I can't seem to persuade myself to.

2. forall profile image60
    forallposted 5 years ago

New things always motivate us. So maybe you could be regular in running during a period of time because you were still enjoying something new. If the changes we bring to our life don't become habits, they'll get lost with time. Take running as an obligation and at high priority for some days and you'll come back to the old rhythm. The feeling of being obliged to run will disappear as running will become a daily habit.

3. Gregoryy profile image60
    Gregoryyposted 5 years ago

Exercise used to be a life need. You needed to hunt, walk around for food, run from things, chase things. Much of what you see now used to be covered in Trees, and Plants so you may have had to lift tree logs and rocks, and push branches. Exercise can be addictive for some people, however not everyone I guess.

working