jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best thing to give a growing boy that is suffering from growth pains

1. landscapeartist profile image77
    landscapeartistposted 5 years ago

What is the best thing to give a growing boy that is suffering from growth pains?

My son is 12, and is currently going through a growth spurt.  His legs and arms are paining all the time.  He takes his vitamins but he doesn't like milk that much, so I can't give him that.  He doesn't want to even consider calcium pills.  What can I give him?

2. SmartAndFun profile image97
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

Will he drink orange juice? If so you could give him the calcium-fortified orange juice. Then there is Viactiv, which is some sort of chewy chocolate or caramel, like a piece of candy, that is actually a calcium supplement. They are targeted to women but if they taste good I'm sure your son wouldn't mind taking them. I have never tasted them, personally, but my mom likes them and has one every day.

A couple of Advil might help, too.

3. artist101 profile image70
    artist101posted 5 years ago

I agree with smart and fun. Calcium is key. Other foods high in calcium, such as yogurt might be an option. Magnesium is also helpful. Foods high in magnesium include bananas, brown rice, nuts, and seeds such as sunflower seeds, almonds, and cashews. A warm bath, with a cup of epsom salt added might help also. Magnesium is a mineral required for bone growth. Vita fusion makes a chewable calcium with vitamin D, also required for healthy bones. http://www.amazon.com/vitafusion-calciu … _sbs_hbc_3

1. artist101 profile image70
      artist101posted 5 years agoin reply to this

The adult dosage is 2 gummy vitamins, give him only 1.

working