jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How Can You Pick Yourself Up and Keep Going After You Fail Time and Time Again?

1. J.S.Matthew profile image84
    J.S.Matthewposted 5 years ago

How Can You Pick Yourself Up and Keep Going After You Fail Time and Time Again? Any Tips?

2. Stephen Robinson profile image59
    Stephen Robinsonposted 5 years ago
  3. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

Often when we fail it is not because we are inadequate or in anyway less able than other people, it is often because the route that we take to achieve success is not right for the situation or for us as an individual.

It's great to be able to pick yourself up, but instead of starting from the same viewpoint or method, try a different angle to see if this makes it any better. Often when we have a fresh approach, this then leads to success where our old methods continue to fail. Also taking a fresh approach will get over any psychological blocks that we might not be aware of that are stopping our success. I have often succeeded as well, by tackling much smaller steps. This can take longer but you get there just the same. One important thing though is to keep believing in yourself and believe absolutely that you're entitled to win any goal you strive for. Lots of luck.

4. Nancy B. profile image71
    Nancy B.posted 5 years ago

The people that you associate with can have a big effect on your attitude. People who poo-poo your attempts at success and changing your life are not the ones you want to be hanging around with when an attempt fails. Their attitude of 'I told you so.' and 'this never would have happened if you hadn't put yourself out there.' is not what you need to hear. They're trying to keep you in your comfort zone so they don't have to change to respond to the new, improved you. They also don't want to be reminded that they've 'settled' for what wandered into their comfort zone rather than going after what they really wanted.
    Surround yourself with people that will help you to analyze the details and support you when you decide to try again using a different technique. Keeping a good attitude is your responsibility and keeping up-beat, positive, creative people around you helps that also.

5. wheelinallover profile image79
    wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago

Our advice, take the word failure out of your vocabulary. The only way to fail is stop going after your dream. There are going to be many side steps and steps backwards along the road. If you learn from your mistakes you didn't fail.

Bring what you are passionate about into your total life. Passion will keep you moving when nothing else can. It is also what you are most willing to share.

Learn from the bumps. Look at what you have done and see what you did right. Take those right things with you as you go forward. Leave the mistakes you made in the dust. Never give up. Take what you have and go at it from a different angle.

Nothing we have tried didn't work. This is where thinking outside the box and persistence comes in. We did learn quite a few things that didn't work and in every case something that did. Unless your product or service is total trash there is always a way to find buyers. For years people have sold what others perceive as trash too. It is a matter of finding the right buyer or educating people on the personal value to them of what you're doing.

6. Man from Modesto profile image83
    Man from Modestoposted 5 years ago

I analyze what went wrong, and determine how to improve my reactions and behaviors. My biggest breakthroughs come in analyzing my own actions- not the actions of others. The most effective way to get through a block in understanding is to pray about it.

working