jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you successful? Why?

1. Myrko Thum profile image66
    Myrko Thumposted 5 years ago

Are you successful? Why?

Surprisingly a lot of people I know where I would say "Wow! She is successful in life!", actually tell me: No, I don't really feel successful.

But what makes you think you are successful? Recognition, Money, Power, Fulfillment, Happiness? What do you think about yourself? And why do you feel your are / are not yet successful?

2. mommahottness profile image62
    mommahottnessposted 5 years ago

I have a personal sense of fufillment that is from several obsticles I have overcome. And YES I do feel Sucessful.

3. dghbrh profile image78
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

Inner happiness is what counts most for me to say that I am successful.
    My sons pure smile to me after i do something for him makes me think that I am successful
    My husband if truly expresses happiness to me (may be after his meal or anything even smaller) that is when i feel I am successful.
    After i write a hub and i receive any comment on that i feel i am successful.
    Any work done in office to my satisfaction....then I feel I am successful.
    Actually whatever is the standard materialistic or spiritualistic for anybody in life makes the person successful in his/her mind.
    Other people giving comment on another s' success is useless for me as i don know whether the person is successful in own mind.
    Even I feel successful after my cleaning and after i complete my daily agenda.....:-)

4. profile image0
    topaz blueposted 5 years ago

Yes I do feel successful .
    I have wonderful abundance both in , work, love, family and health , as well as finances. It is my intention to create and manifest more and build a wonderful online business as I am ready for a change now.

By focussing on what I have and not on anything else, assists me feel wonderful Gratitude and move forward and achieve more of my dreams. I was nudged by various forms to start on hub pages and once I listened I am not looking back.

I set goals and a to do list. I have my master mind group and I think I can add hub pages to this. When I'm driving I listen to self improvement  audio CD's and clean using the Self Identity Ho'oponopon on any negative feeling or thoughts I might have throughout the day. 

I practise meditation and am constantly amazed at the beauty of life and the wonderful gift I have been given! 

Yes I do feel successful.

5. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

Myrko Thum,

I am successful, but it's not because I've been published in newspapers, magazines, and on the net, it's because I live the "writer's life." I wake up each morning in the woods near the water just thinking about  what I'll write about that day. It makes life interesting. I love that anything I do can be developed into an article. It's great. It spurs  on several conversations between my husband and I.

I'm so happy to be a writer,
    Lisa

working