jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Birth spacing - after giving birth, how long should you wait before getting preg

1. alexandriaruthk profile image77
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Birth spacing - after giving birth, how long should you wait before getting pregnant again?

Doctors recommend to give yourself ample time to recover from previous pregnancies. While there are many couples who don't really practice birth spacing, some do practice it. What do you think is ideal time for another birth after giving birth?

2. Melis Ann profile image91
    Melis Annposted 5 years ago

2-3 years is ideal in my opinion. Enough for the siblings to be close in age while still giving your body recovery time between pregnancies.

alexandriaruthkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Fair enough!

3. MattMack profile image66
    MattMackposted 5 years ago

Not sure if this helps to answer your question but my little brother and I are only 13 months apart in age.  My uncle always joked that, "Your mother didn't wait for the stitches to heal".

alexandriaruthkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

oh, that is cool, you can play with him with that less age gap, same interests? My best friends two children has the same birthday but one year age gap!

2. MattMack profile image66
      MattMackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We played together a lot as kids but definitely different interests (besides video games which two teenage boys never have a problem with!)

working