jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If you help someone in need, do you tell others?

1. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

If you help someone in need, do you tell others?

You perform a charitable act. Do you then feel the need to tell others you have done so?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6874915_f260.jpg

2. ashish04joshi profile image73
    ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago

I don't feel the need as such...but yes, I've shared it with a friend once when I helped in rehabilitation of a mentally handicapped woman. The sole thought was that may be it could inspire others too to hep someone.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

No. I feel the need to keep it a secret. If I tell people I've been helping others, they might desire me to help them when they do not deserve help.

4. seajon profile image71
    seajonposted 5 years ago

no, it won't be necessary. Helping is giving not for boasting. If you brag about it then it is no longer helping but rather showing of arrogance.

5. faith_love_hope32 profile image61
    faith_love_hope32posted 5 years ago

Sometimes yes.  Like I'll tell my sons or my mother.  That way they can learn from my example.  Most times no.  It's boasting to brag about helping others.  Unless you are doing it in a way to encourage others to learn by your example.  smile

6. kathyjones1952@at profile image59
    kathyjones1952@atposted 5 years ago

I might and then I might not.  Like faith_love_hope32 said, I think it would be bragging most of the time.  I love to talk, though, so there's no telling what I'm liable to say, lol!!!!

working