jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you fear dying?

1. Phelcky profile image60
    Phelckyposted 5 years ago

Do you fear dying?

In my years I've been thinking a lot about death. I felt like I was dying all the time. If I had one little health problem, I thought it would kill me. In the past few years I've started to accept my own mortality. I know many people also older than me, that are terrified of dying.

How do you feel about it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6883001_f260.jpg

2. ALUR profile image67
    ALURposted 5 years ago

I think if one is complete within their life and their mission, then dying is simply another form of life: a fourth dimension, if you will.. I only keep on keeping on for the sake of my children, for I have much foundation yet to provide! You're welcome to read my versatile hubs:)

3. JBrumett profile image61
    JBrumettposted 5 years ago

There's a saying that coaches like to throw around when it comes to scenarios like getting left out of a playoff or having some sports writer criticize their team.  I don't worry about things I can't control.   =-P

4. Virginia Lea profile image77
    Virginia Leaposted 5 years ago

I am not to fearful of death, for I know where I am going after I die. But I guess I'd say I'm more fearful of getting sick. I am just now starting to join the army and those military doctors are strict and I can't have anything wrong with me or I can't get in. They rejected a guy for having a collection of bug bites on his leg and one girl for being 2 freakin pounds over weight. So I am a little paranoid about that. Maybe just a little to cautious... I can be clumsy at times. But no to answer your question, no I am not to fearful of death.

5. opiningminion profile image60
    opiningminionposted 5 years ago

I have no fear of death; I see it as a transition of sorts. At most, I dread starting all over again in another lifetime without the blessings I've had since the genesis of this one.

6. MickeySr profile image80
    MickeySrposted 5 years ago

How, uhh, interesting that I find this question just now. Most of us like to think if we were actually confronted with a life or death circumstance that we would play our part well, but most of us never really will find that out . . . it doesn't, now, seem the case to me, but perhaps if someone was pointing a gun at me I would urgently grab the nearest little old lady or 7 year old girl to hold in front of me.

However, it's been discovered that there is something not as it should be with me, my blood cells are smaller than normal and misshapen . . . I underwent several tests last week and I'm just now on my way out the door to go hear the results of those tests. It seems to me, this is how fearful of death I am; my wife and I, as it will be dinner time, were planning to leave the doctor consultation and eat out . . . as I was getting dressed to leave I though to myself 'if this is not good news, perhaps I'll get a lobster tail out of this'.

We are all dying, right now - we are born dying, it's inevitable . . . the sooner we recognize this life is not 'all there is' and that staying alive as long as possible is not the most important thing in the world, the better off we are. There is an eternal reality, an eternal truth, and that's where we're all headed - I'm ready.

7. CriticalMessage profile image80
    CriticalMessageposted 5 years ago

It freaks me out like nobody would believe... Because I hide it so well... Yet it terrifies me to death... I hope they come up with something to prevent it pretty darn quick... *smiles*

8. snoblet profile image84
    snobletposted 5 years ago

Really depends on the situation that would cause my death, if its kind of like a horror movie, than I might be, otherwise death is part of living and its as welcome as anything thing else in life.

9. ahorseback profile image61
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

As you life on in life , you come to realize that no one is safe from death , no one !  But ! Are you going to let the fear of the unknown  control your hours , your days and years on ?!  No !....... What you are going to do is live , love , have babies , get married and  just like the rest of us .....Enjoy our small amount of time onn this earth!   Perhaps anxiety is gripping some part of your fears or an experience of losing someone ,  maybe talking to a therapist will help.... seriously!

10. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 5 years ago

I come from a line of ancient people who believed in immortality. We do not indulge in Fear. Whatever happens, happens and we can overcome - we're Warriors! We have done so for thousands of years and although there are not many of us left - we are indeed still around - Immortal through Spirit!

I wish You Power and the wisdom to break-through this three-dimensional perspective where often Death and Fear take great control over people.

You can have Death as your advisor if You wish: http://mrhappy.hubpages.com/hub/Asking-Death-for-Advice

working