jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are all fruits and vegetables healthy?

1. arizonataylor profile image83
    arizonataylorposted 5 years ago

Are all fruits and vegetables healthy?

Are any fruits or vegetables bad for you?

2. SteveWaugh1965 profile image59
    SteveWaugh1965posted 5 years ago

Of course they are. Fruits and vegetables are critical for good health. Actually, I know that cause fruit smoothies and green smoothies are my passion, for good health and vitality.
    See how your feeling after NOT eating ANY fruit or vegetables for a month - your health will surely suffer.

3. profile image0
    AndriyRposted 5 years ago

Potato is not very healthy even though it is a vegetable.

4. m920621m profile image76
    m920621mposted 5 years ago

All of them are healthy as long as you eat it in moderation.
    For example, many fruits have lots of sugar in them which might cause obesity or other problems if abused. So, as long as you eat them in moderation everything is fine smile

5. AnniesHealthTalk profile image86
    AnniesHealthTalkposted 5 years ago

All fruits and vegetables will have many health benefits, including fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and high water content. The carbohydrates found in things like fruit are not what causes obesity since it is a carbohydrate source from a whole food. The bottom line is that nobody becomes obese from eating whole foods like fruits and vegetables. Fruits such as bananas are actually lower on the glycemic index than most breads and pastas. Processed carbohydrates, on the other hand, have an imbalance of fructose to glucose and are often completely unnatural, and these refined carbohydrate sources are what cause health problems.
    I think any fruit or vegetable should be eaten in abundance, unless it's a high-fat vegetable or fruit such as avocado. Also, leafy green vegetables will have a higher vitamin and mineral content than vegetables like potatoes. The bottom line is that all fruits and vegetables are good for you, but some are better than others in different ways.