jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Why are people still buying the "ab belt" nonsense?

1. jclaffee profile image81
    jclaffeeposted 5 years ago

Why are people still buying the "ab belt" nonsense?

I just encountered someone who swears up and down that the ab contour belt is legitimate. It supposedly changed their body and their life. Why do people still think that these fitness scams work? Who's paying these phonies to stand up for exercise equipment that's designed to rob people of their money? What do you think about ab belts and other "get fit quick" schemes?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7038818_f260.jpg

2. James McCullough profile image71
    James McCulloughposted 5 years ago

Because people are stupid. There is no better explanation for them.

3. philliden profile image69
    phillidenposted 5 years ago

It maybe that they are hopeful that these set of equipment will work on them. Some people think that they could get answers from "instant" solutions, but it's not the way it is for most things here on earth.

4. Kate Mc Bride profile image87
    Kate Mc Brideposted 5 years ago

Because we like contraptions(gadgets in English lol) and create a market for them.

They do the job if you use them I suppose and are well-designed.A gadget cannot change your life but using it might help you to achieve your goals. I wouldn't have the discipline for or interest in such a thing but the manufacturers are just responding to the market for them.Is that true?I think that teleshopping channels are entertaining with their long-winded ads about gadgets.

5. kunynghame profile image86
    kunynghameposted 5 years ago

Many people are still motivated for money, even if it isn't ethically earned. That explains the people selling it.  The people that still buy it, do so, because our world is lazy, and if there is even the slightest chance they can get some great result for doing nothing, they are willing to try it.

1. jclaffee profile image81
      jclaffeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree, people are more likely to buy somthing that tells them what they want to hear. Very good, thanks kunynghame.

2. Kate Mc Bride profile image87
      Kate Mc Brideposted 5 years agoin reply to this

this answer is good common sense

6. jclaffee profile image81
    jclaffeeposted 5 years ago

I've written a hub on these topics that you all may be interested in. I would make a link for it but can't for some reason, don't know why. The hub is on my profile:  America Has a Multi-Billion Dollar Fitness Industry...

working