jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why do people still believe politicians when they lie?

1. TheBigWoo profile image56
    TheBigWooposted 7 years ago

Why do people still believe politicians when they lie?

2. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Because as human beings we don't like to think we are wrong. We humans resist change and we hate to admit we are wrong. So rather than say we are wrong, we rationalize a lie and then try to defend it.  One thing that I have learned in life is how easy it is to say "I love you", "I am sorry", "I don't know", and I was wrong".  It is the quickest path to getting back on the right track and it is never the end of the world for you as an individual. We should teach that! WB

3. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Same reason they believe priests about religions, prophets, gurus, etc.  Sheep seek to be led.

4. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

For the same reasons that people believe used car salesmen, insurance salesmen, estate agents, and religious leaders, et al, like politicians, their livelihood is dependent upon being frugal with the truth to a gullible audience.

5. estranged911 profile image67
    estranged911posted 7 years ago

Like they say.. While there’s life, there’s hope.

6. jite profile image38
    jiteposted 7 years ago

we have to believe,what are other options?

7. profile image45
    king214posted 7 years ago

There good at it....

besides if the things they give us sound good...  we don't look into it to make sure that...

8. SheriSapp profile image61
    SheriSappposted 7 years ago

I could not tell you why this seems to be true. However, it MUST be true or many of the current crop of crooks and liars would not still have employment in Washington.

working