jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you eliminate kidney stones?

1. profile image74
    Education Answerposted 5 years ago

How do you eliminate kidney stones?

2. Beverly Kase profile image60
    Beverly Kaseposted 5 years ago

Aside from surgery there isn't really a way for it to go away. I actually have kidney stones, and I am also pregnant. My mother had them too and she had surgery 5 times, because even after they took it out, everytime they closed her up she got infected. So after the last surgery they left her stomach opened so it heals on it's own. They might be able to do lazer surgery if the stones are not so big. As for mine, all im doing is really watching what I eat just so it doesn't grow, but it's very hard because being pregnant im suppose to eat whatever but not gain more than 30lbs. Watch what you eat, and get checked by a doctor and see what other options you have. With technology these days, almost everything they can do. Good Luck

3. DreamerMeg profile image89
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

Don't know that you can. The hospital can shatter them with ultrasound. People who have had them tell me the best way to manage them is to drink PLENTY of liquid and to be never dehydrated. Apparently, they say the doctors told them that drinking plenty of liquid stops them detaching because it's when they detach that you get the problems. I have also heard hot areas called "The Kidney Stone Zone" because those people are more likely to become dehydrated. People in very hot areas are advised to stay well hydrated.

(NOTE: I have never suffered from these, nor have I checked the info my acquaintances gave me.)

4. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 5 years ago

If you have Calcium Oxalate stones (the most common kind), a regimen of vitamin B6 and Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc supplements will work best. The magnesium and B6 are the most important as they tend to keep the oxalates from crystalizing.
    For any kind of stones, being well hydrated will help and avoiding phosphorus is essential. Phosphorus is bad for the kidneys.
    Examine the ingredients of whatever you ingest and try to eliminate phosphorus, sugar and high amounts of salt.
    Do not decrease calcium as your body tends to maintain a certain level no matter what and it will pull calcium out of your bones if you do not ingest enough calcium.
    Acidic drinks such as limeade and lemonade may help.

5. artist101 profile image68
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Kidney stones are closely related, in that they are both an accumulative result of uric acid.
    The recommendations are
    Innositol, as directed on the label.
    Magnesium, to lower uric acid levels.
    and zinc.
    If they are calcium related look to the diet as there may not be enough calcium available. The body will pull calcium out of the bones, as a defense measure and may be causing the ailment due to a calcium defiency. Most physicians are on the fence on this one. By taking a supplement are you adding to the problem? No definetive answer yet, so I cannot recommend one.
    Drinking lemonaid has been shown to reduce kidney stones by 50%.
    During an attack drink the juice from a half of a lemon mixed in water to help dissolve the stones.
    for more information go to http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/Natur … ney-Stones