jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

What one or two things do you do that are a real waste of time?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image93
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

What one or two things do you do that are a real waste of time?

Are you trying to change, or does it matter?

2. securityproducts3 profile image41
    securityproducts3posted 5 years ago

Spend too much time on Facebook! I am definitely trying to change this bad habit, but setting a limit on how much time I can spend on there a day.

Rochelle Frankposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Time limits are good.  I do check Facebook  to see distant family and friends, but haven't taken the time to learn too much about it. No games, please-- I know I could be sucked in to time-wasting.

3. Kumar R Chitnis profile image60
    Kumar R Chitnisposted 5 years ago

Simply sit in front of system and chat times together on a social network or sleep through out the day with no work to do either than eating/drinking.

4. nmdonders profile image85
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

Probably watching television or browsing the internet.  Although I find them amusing at times it can be a waste of time.  I learn a bit but it's more for entertainment.  I could be spending a lot of that time with family or friends.  I am trying to change this habit because I've been thinking about it lately.  Time is very precious and it can slip by.  I'd like to make as many good memories as I can while I can smile

5. joaniebaby profile image82
    joaniebabyposted 5 years ago

Playing Solitaire on the computer.  It's amazing how fast the time goes by, with nothing accomplished.

6. teresapelka profile image57
    teresapelkaposted 5 years ago

What if waste of time happens to be imposed on you. Is it still your wasting your time?

Obviously, it doesn't become time well spent...

Rochelle Frankposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean like waiting in a checkout line, or for an appointment?

2. teresapelka profile image57
      teresapelkaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

@Rochelle,
      not these specifically; everyone needs to wait sometimes

7. Joshuad profile image70
    Joshuadposted 5 years ago

Spending time on Facebook instead of writing or researching. Am just addicted uh.

8. remaniki profile image81
    remanikiposted 5 years ago

It is my earnest desire to make money online because I know of many ways to do it but I have not accomplished much except for a fixed income from my freelance writing.

So when I am not working, I want to allocate a good amount of time to HubPages but I waste time in trying to see what other people have written about (but this is also important actually) and many other things instead of focusing on writing hubs.

A change is necessary and it matters a lot to me and I have made certain plans to overcome this habit. I hope I succeed.

9. Brandon E Newman profile image71
    Brandon E Newmanposted 5 years ago

My "real" Job is such a waste of time. I feel like I am doing "time" at work. It has only made me enough money to get myself in a deep, deep hole. I am one paycheck away from being completely homeless and destitute. Answering questions on hubpages is also a great waste of time and energy. I get some pleasure from it sometimes. Sometimes I don't feel that way about my job. I like my job. I enjoy the company and the work. It just cant provide enough to be a typical Texan. (New car 3 BR house, Nice clothes, Happy ex wife and kids, that sort of money is out of reach for now) Anyhow, back to wasting time- isn't that all that life really is?

10. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I spend way too much time on the computer, here, email, Sparkpeople and playing games.  I don't imagine it will change any time soon with winter coming.

It does matter because I get nothing else done.

11. jenbeach21 profile image78
    jenbeach21posted 5 years ago

Playing restaurant story on my phone. I keep telling myself to just delete it but I can't seem to do it.

working