Would you change for anyone?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. krisingreen profile image60
    krisingreenposted 12 years ago

Would you change for anyone?

2. istephan profile image59
    istephanposted 12 years ago

Again, being changed can be temporary or permanent. It consist the depth or the intensity of the situation, place and the person for whom the change is being inevitable.

3. rob_allen profile image69
    rob_allenposted 12 years ago

No, i dont think that is a good idea. I would change for myself and not to any other people. But probably, those people who are madly in love with someone would do that. I guess,

4. CyclingFitness profile image90
    CyclingFitnessposted 12 years ago

I adapt my personality based on the situations I am within however essentially I still have the same morals and ethics

I do think however we develop as people in different ways over time so change occurs naturally within us.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

in little ways i think most people do change. but if a person falls in love with someone, they should accept the person as they are.

6. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I wouldn't change my nature, preferences, values, personality, etc. etc.  What I would change would be some simple, little, thing that I might do (like leave socks on the floor - which, by the way, I've NEVER done  smile ); if the other person said something like, "It would be easier for me if you'd just throw your socks in the laundry, rather than on the floor."  Or, another example, if I preferred, maybe, loud TV; but someone else was bothered by it.  Again, I'd be happy to turn down the volume.

The only reason I even bring up this kind of "changing for someone" is that many people seem to think that this kind of thing is "changing for someone" - when it's really only "changing our ways in one thing or another", rather than "changing ourselves".

(So, all you sock-leavers and loud-TV-watchers out there, for goodness sake.  It isn't a big deal to just cooperate with someone, and make their life a little more pleasant!.  You don't have to worry that the person is "trying to change you".  They're only asking you stop making their life more miserable than it really needs to be over something so minor.   smile  )

7. AnkushKohli profile image59
    AnkushKohliposted 12 years ago

Will change for my loved one , so that we have good understanding ,help us to live life with more liveliness . But only that much which I can adopt with right point of view not for wrong cause.

8. ladyjojo profile image61
    ladyjojoposted 12 years ago

Well it all depends on what kind of change!

If it's change from my beliefs in CHRIST i will never change that for anyone.

Sometimes love can make us change to be a better person or to do something that would make the other person happy. If it's that kind of change no problem.

By the way we all need some sort of changes in our life even if it's for ourself

But all in all it is good to be yourself if the change is just hypocritical or make belief then don't change remain how you are.

9. Thesource profile image67
    Thesourceposted 12 years ago

I am special and unique. I will not change to be anyone one else.
    I find joy and happiness in being myself even though I respect many others.

I may change my views or intentions if the new information or experience is acceptable to who I am.

Choosing to be someone else, who in not consistent with who you really are, is self-betrayal. It is the highest form of betrayal.

10. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

I am who I am. What is there to change. Either like me or don't.

11. edhan profile image38
    edhanposted 12 years ago

It is better to be yourself than trying to change. When you try to change for a person, you might end up being unhappy.

Rather than trying to change, I believe we should adapt ourselves to situation and improve ourselves for love one. By getting rid of bad habit will benefit both parties. Learn to adapt how you can improve yourself in order to get along with someone you love.

Be yourself is the best solution as you will be happier and get rid of bad habits for the sake of happiness. It is always best to be yourself and understanding one another will prove to be long lasting relationship.

12. cjcarter profile image73
    cjcarterposted 12 years ago

I think the most I've changed for someone would be for my job. I changed what I wore, how I acted, and how I interacted with people. Horrible idea! I kindof lost myself, and I'm now just getting back on track. And... I'm leaving the job in a week big_smile Oh happy day!!!

13. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 12 years ago

I don't believe people change. But that is just me.

rorshak sobchak

14. Kamalesh050 profile image71
    Kamalesh050posted 12 years ago

No I would not change for anyone. I am happy as I am. I can  change for myself only if I ever consider necessary.

15. C-Bless profile image61
    C-Blessposted 12 years ago

One ought to remain true to their authentic self but temper/control negative/destructive habits/behaviours.  Changing for someone will become exhausting, and only last for so long before the true you emerges.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)