jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What are your views on Soy?

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

What are your views on Soy?

I have read many good things about soy and their products, and so far the most argument I have heard against it is GMO related.

2. joyfuldesigns profile image67
    joyfuldesignsposted 5 years ago

I avoid it like the plague.  I have thyroid disease and soy slows thryoid function down even more.

3. Alphadogg16 profile image93
    Alphadogg16posted 5 years ago

Its actually better for women, research has shown it can cause excess estrogen in men, which can augment body fat & breast tissue. I stay away from it personally, prefer the Whey isolate

4. BlissfulWriter profile image68
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

This is a good question and quite controversial.   Which is why I wrote a Hub clarifying whether soy is healthy or not...

In summary, fermented soy as in miso, natto, and tempeh is fine.   Whole soy food such as in edamame is fine in moderation.  Tofu okay once in a while. 

But avoid soy milk, imitation soy meats, soy protein isolates, and processed soy products.

1. loveofnight profile image80
      loveofnightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just came from your Hub,  you put a lot of good information in there. Thank you for being so thorough, I'm still in shock

5. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

If you can find any that has not been Genetically Modified then it's very good for you. But in the US especially, you can only find the GM type. By the way the first GM food was tobaco. Start thinking about kicking the habit.