jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Would you take and enjoy an opportunity to stay in an isolated cabin for a month

1. grinnin1 profile image81
    grinnin1posted 5 years ago

Would you take and enjoy an opportunity to stay in an isolated cabin for a month by yourself?

2. jacobkuttyta profile image76
    jacobkuttytaposted 5 years ago

Yes, I would like to spend some time in meditation.

But my current situation doesn't permit it.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No, I would miss my family too much. I like being alone for a few hours at a time, but not nights.  My husband is like part of me and I would really be miserable alone.

4. Jewels profile image84
    Jewelsposted 5 years ago

Absolutely.  I've done it several times doing meditation sits.

5. creativespirit63 profile image61
    creativespirit63posted 5 years ago

Its ironic to hear the answer to this question in my head.  I have always been a people person and did not do well being alone for very long.  I'm older now and am living in the aftermath of the death of my only child.  I am not very patient with other people's need to say comforting things (which usually aren't).  Right now I seem to need to be alone.  The healing is a journey that I seem to need to navigate through my writing and my art.  So I would welcome the opportunity to stay in an isolated cabin.

grinnin1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry . I hope for you the opportunity to do that for yourself and for your soul. I do think it is healing and we are rarely truly quiet and able to think  these days. Glad to have crossed your path-

6. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

I would most definitely welcome and thoroughly enjoy this opportunity.  I treasure "alone," time and will often take a few days to do just this.  I rent a cottage on the lake and pack light and off I go.  I take with me, simple foods that need little or no preparation and juices and water....6 or 7 books, magazines, crossword puzzle and cryptogram books.  I also bring a couple of notebooks,& pens & pencils.  Comfy walking shoes and my cell phone.
    Yes, I could easily be quite contented and comfy doing this for a month.  30 consecutive days of rest, fresh air, contemplation & introspect....mind and body cleansing, reading, writing and totally simple living, with me, myself and I?   Yes, yes, yes. Sounds like heaven to me.  I'm planning it right now.  Thank you!

I totally agree- let me know how it goes!!

7. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

A cabin made of wood
    and stone that stands in awe
    of mountains, catches sunlight
    when birds are breakfasting,
    traps sun when the forest
    breathes out another powerful
    day.

Yes I'd stay in this cabin. You know where it is?

Ohyes!Thats the one! Beautiful poetry- I'm applying for the National park service artist-in-resident program, so it's anywhere from the Rocky mountains to Denali in Alaska. Fingers are crossed!

8. Randy M. profile image86
    Randy M.posted 5 years ago

Yes, yes and yes.  Do you have one that I can use? 

This would be a wonderful time for reflection and enjoying nature, in the vein of Henry David Thoreau and his writings on Walden Pond.  I don't know that I would wax philosophic as well as Thoreau, but it would be worth the experience.

I would also use the time to get some exercise and take photos, two of my favorite things to do.

working