jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you enjoy your own company or do you prefer the company of others...?

1. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Do you enjoy your own company or do you prefer the company of others...?

2. Ann810 profile image82
    Ann810posted 7 years ago

I enjoy my own company more because I have more incommon with myself.     smile

3. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

You know the cliches, right? No one can love you if you don't love yourself, and who will enjoy your company if you don't enjoy your own?
    It is not that we must rely solely on ourselves, but the fact of the matter is, when it comes down to it, we must only answer to ourselves. When you feel good, the world feels good along with you. And feeling good comes down only to the source of your being: you, and you alone.
    Great question Ashantina!

4. Matt in Jax profile image69
    Matt in Jaxposted 7 years ago

I do enjoy my own company quite a bit. I'm rather used to it being an only child, but I like having the company of others the majority of the time.

5. DannyMaio profile image60
    DannyMaioposted 7 years ago

I prefer to have company, family friends. it gets boring by yourself. why I hate business trips.

6. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I am a bit of a loner, and being an only child, I've played many a chess, checker or some kind of game alone.  I used to enjoy being alone a lot more than I do now.

So I do like my own company and always find something to do, but I also really like to be around a select few people--all of which I am related to.

7. profile image0
    Ruach Eishposted 7 years ago

I think we all need a balance between company and solitude regardless of who we are, though everyone needs different amounts of each.  Solitude allows us to think and deal with any inner issues we may have or just to relax and NOT think, but company allows us to escape our own thoughts as we interact with others.

8. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 7 years ago

As writer I kinda like my own company as I don't like be distracted with too much nonsense talk, which what happens most of the time around other people. I get to meditate and think clearly without others around. However I do like being around my goats and my fiance.

9. Jowy2000 profile image84
    Jowy2000posted 7 years ago

I enjoy my own company the most. I'm relaxed, don't have to worry about anything, it's just really easy. I also enjoy the company of a few select friends, and of course my girlfriend, but sometimes being alone just really hits the spot. Me time!

10. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

It is a rare thing for me to enjoy the company of others. More often than not their conversations are tolerated more than enjoyed. I can't remember the last time I had a truly enriching conversation.

I have never minded being alone. I find it easy to occupy myself. I love to draw, read, write, listen to music, or build something. Though I don't believe that I am the norm when it comes to that. I think most people need other people's company, I do not.

11. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 7 years ago

I love time alone to contemplate things and just enjoy quiet time...but I also love getting together with friends every once in awhile...so a little of both, but more on the side of my own company.

12. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 18 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13148112_f260.jpg

I simply LOVE my own company.  I can really savor the flow, whether it is shopping, reading, eating a sumptuous Japanese meal, or just walking.  When one is alone, one can really enjoy ambling about without being rushed by or catering to the need of others.

working