jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Has this year been a nightmare or what? Why do you think that is?

1. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

Has this year been a nightmare or what? Why do you think that is?

For me 2012 hasn't been a great year, on the contrary, and everybody I talk to says the same... Is it just me and my friends or 2012 is really putting us to the test?

2. KristenN4Boys profile image67
    KristenN4Boysposted 5 years ago

Interesting... it has actually been a great year for me which is out of the norm. My oldest son graduated high school and started college. I, unexpectedly, won an alumni award from my college. I got engaged and my fiance' and I merged households (which either could've been a great thing or a total disaster). It was a great thing. smile
    Ironically, I typically have better years on odd years. I know that sounds crazy, but it's true. 3 of the 4 of my boys were born on odd years. Both my parents were born on an odd year. I was born on an odd year. I moved twice as an adult and both moves were on odd years.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

It is because of our individual circumstances. Some have not been hit by the biggest economic crisis since the Great depression. The weather disasters that are driving food prices to an all time high. The cost of fuel that we "need" to transport us to a job, If we are still lucky enough to have one. Why has this year been a nightmare? The writing is on the wall. Unfortunately the 2% and corrupt politicians can not read it.

4. Aisha Jilani profile image60
    Aisha Jilaniposted 5 years ago

good question, actually this year has been quite unexpected with a lot of ups and downs, but now i have been through all of that i think i have learned a lot and explored a lot of things. So this year has been good and pretty interesting.

5. Cynister profile image60
    Cynisterposted 5 years ago

I think that just like in the timeline of our country, individuals and families can look back and pick out certain years that genuinely just sucked. 2006 was one of those for me, it was epically unenjoyable. I've had a couple of other blatantly bad ones too but why harp on the past? Try to do one fun and memorable thing before year end and make it a point to make things better next year. Time marches on!

6. melbelle profile image61
    melbelleposted 5 years ago

I think it is due to the bad economy. They say we are in a recession, but for me it is more like a depression.  Unemployment is high and some states are worse than others.  Long term unemployment is also high.  Then there are the constant wars and terroism.  Everything just seems to be unstable all over the world.  Sometimes it feels like we are losing our "hope".

7. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

I'm a Browns fan, an Indians fan and a Cavaliers fan. What do you think?

8. Tom Zizzo profile image95
    Tom Zizzoposted 5 years ago

You're not alone. I've been unemployed now for almost a year, which is the longest stretch I have ever done without having a job. I'll have to write a hub on how I have survived so long. What's frustrating for me is that I live in Silicon Valley, and I've seen people come here and get good jobs, most of which I am not qualified for. Yes, I should probably just move, but when you're broke, and I mean really broke, it's hard to pick up and move. I'm optimistic though that I will find something soon and put this lousy year behind me.