jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Why do some people think that being rude and mean to others is o.k.?

1. moneyfairy profile image72
    moneyfairyposted 5 years ago

Why do some people think that being rude and mean to others is o.k.?

2. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 5 years ago

People who think that way were probably raised differently, discipline starts at home in every way it is up to the parent to show discipline to their children.

moneyfairyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think this is a great answer DDE. Thanks!!!!  I think you are so very right that some people were raised very poorly. Very sad.

3. Jesse Mugnier profile image74
    Jesse Mugnierposted 5 years ago

I agree with DDE. It could also have something to do with what they were shown at home, how their parents interacted with eachother and those around them. People raised in homes like this don't know any different than what they have seen.

great answer!!

4. Jordanwalker39 profile image80
    Jordanwalker39posted 5 years ago

In my experience it is either how they were raised or they are power tripping. Regardless I think that neither one of these are an excuse for that kind of behavior.

Thanks! You are right there is never an excuse to be rude and mean.

2. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Jordanwalker39.  If you can't say something nice don't say it at all.  I hate it when I'm being 'yelled' at on line.  It's another form of bullying and we just can't seem to get away from it even here on Hub.  Sad

3. moneyfairy profile image72

Well said Sarra, It is sad that amongst creative writers that there has to be some bad apples in the bunch. We get enough of that in real life without having to deal with it on a writing site . thanks

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Because people are rude to them. Monkey see, monkey do. Eye for an eye.

6. Mazzy Bolero profile image78
    Mazzy Boleroposted 5 years ago

Some people can only feel good by making other people feel bad. They can only feel confident about themselves by treating other people as lesser beings.

I had a manager who used to do that.  She did it to make her feel bigger.  It showed she was smaller.  A really confident person doesn't need to put others down.

Brilliant answer!!! Thank you!!!

working