jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (17 posts)

Are you sitting up straight right now while at your computer?

1. rutley profile image77
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

Are you sitting up straight right now while at your computer?

So many people slouch and then wonder why their back, neck and shoulders ache! I think just reading the words will make you aware of how your sitting.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I'm sitting cross legged and hunched over my laptop. I have much better posture when I'm in a chair.

3. KT Banks profile image61
    KT Banksposted 5 years ago

Well, you got me! Thanks, I try to stay aware of that, but I'll admit, especially by the end of the day - I'm guilty.

4. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

No, I am leaning down looking at my laptop on my sofa and I am not seating I have my legs rested on the sofa.  Now that I think about it my neck does feel stiff.

5. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Yes SIR!!  I am.  Always do.  I'm in the habit of being conscious of my posture, how I sit and stand and walk!   Anything else you want to pick on us about??    Go for it.  I'm ready!........LOL

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Actually I am. I was working on a puzzle the other night and it screwed up my lower back, hunching over the table.  so I have been sitting very upright because of the lower back discomfort.

7. Conservative Lady profile image75
    Conservative Ladyposted 5 years ago

I am actually laying on the couch with my head on the arm rest and my laptop on a pillow resting on my stomach. Quite comfy until I have to do a crunch (sit up) to type.

8. shara63 profile image69
    shara63posted 5 years ago

it was not so earlier..upto i had not suffered the bachache...but now..i've become very concious about my posture & sitting position...in order to which i've changed my chair that gives proper support & comfort to my back, neck & head !

9. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

Absolutely!  I've trained myself to sit straight for my profession.  The alternative is to suffer musculoskeletal issues early in life, and have to retire in pain.

10. GiblinGirl profile image84
    GiblinGirlposted 5 years ago

Lol - no I am totally slouching right now and didn't even realize it.

11. adamknows profile image59
    adamknowsposted 5 years ago

Nope, not at all. Superslouchmode engaged.

12. kathyjones1952@at profile image61
    kathyjones1952@atposted 5 years ago

I hope I am, lol!!!!  I try to make it a point to sit up straight, anyway.  It seems like whenever I go to the chiropractor, it's because of something I've done while on the computer.

13. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 5 years ago

You caught me sort of sitting up straight.  The shoulders were slouching.  I pro

14. Ann810 profile image79
    Ann810posted 5 years ago

I am now after commenting to your question, I had to add another book under my laptop. Now this is more better than slightly looking down at my laptop. Thanks for the good question.

15. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I try, but sitting up straight doesn't always happen. Keep on hubbing  smile

16. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

Having been a competetive swimmer/ diver in my schooling years, it was drilled in to me to stand and sit straight..and after all these years I still do..and with all the hours  I spend on the computer I'm glad...no problems with back muscles..and now I do Tai Chi..and Martial Arts squats..keeps the body muscles flexible and healthy...also helps to prevent tension headaches...
    thanks for a very interesting question....

1. kathyjones1952@at profile image61
      kathyjones1952@atposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is so good:)!