jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

At what age do your eyes start to go bad or your vision starts to deteriorate?

1. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

At what age do your eyes start to go bad or your vision starts to deteriorate?

2. MellyMoo profile image60
    MellyMooposted 5 years ago

Speaking from my own experience...late 30s seem to be when your vision deteriorates alittle. I know my parents were around that age too when they fiund they needed glasses for reading

1. stelaligizaki profile image66
      stelaligizakiposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I agree. A lot of people have vision problems  when they are 40+.

3. adamknows profile image61
    adamknowsposted 5 years ago

I don't know, but a Harvard study released recently showed that coffee was linked to vision loss. So its more than just age, its substances + age + environment etc, etc.

4. Gina145 profile image83
    Gina145posted 5 years ago

There are many factors that determine when and if your eyes deteriorate, starting with whether bad vision is in your genes.
    I started wearing glasses while I was still at school, shortly after South Africa first got a television service (much later than most of the world).  I've always blamed television for the deterioration in my eyesight.
    In my case my eyes have actually improved with age and the glasses I wear now have a much weaker prescription than the ones I wore when I was eighteen years old.
    Age does play a factor though, especially when it comes to reading.  Several people  I know have suddenly started wearing glasses in their forties.  But contact lenses are so common that I believe the number of young people with poor vision is much higher than it appears.

5. Gary Holdaway profile image83
    Gary Holdawayposted 5 years ago

There is no real age or set time, it depends on many factors. Looking at the computer screen, needing glasses and not wearing them, not using tear drops while working with screens, not taking a couple minutes rest every half hour to keep your eyes closed.

6. Goody5 profile image77
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

A person's eye sight starts going down hill in their late 40's. So keep on hubbing while you can still see  smile

7. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

It depends who you ask. My vision started out bad at birth. With glasses and age, it got a little better until I was about 40, then started declining. Now, at the almost 62 mark, I am dealing with cataracts. Just had the one on the left eye removed, so it is back to 20/200. The right eye will be done next month and I hope to retain 20/40 so I can still drive.

8. tvs290 profile image60
    tvs290posted 4 years ago

My vision started to go blurry when i was in my 7th grade started using the computer 
    By the time I was in 9th grade it got worse because I was rigorously Using my Mobile, PC continuosly.

So I think other than Birth defect we make our eye sight or vision loss manually.

working