jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (14 posts)

Less than a month left for a new year to begin, have you written down your goals

1. PoetasDsigns profile image60
    PoetasDsignsposted 5 years ago

Less than a month left for a new year to begin, have you written down your goals for next year?

2. profile image0
    tylergeeposted 5 years ago

I haven't, because I honestly haven't thought about it! But this year (for next year) I might actually write down some goals and see how I go about them. I've never really stuck to any of my goals, as I always forgot about them.
    Writing them down and putting them in a jar to read every now and then sounds like a good idea, personally!

3. Monay Love profile image61
    Monay Loveposted 5 years ago

I've had what I wanted planned out for a few months already...I'd rather not wait until the last minute to start making changes. I figured I should just change now. But most change is usually psychological anyway. It's only after you make up your mind to do something that actual actions follow.

4. alifeofdesign profile image91
    alifeofdesignposted 5 years ago

I think the way you have worded your question is insightful. Have you "written" your goals, I think, is the key. Each year, lots of people give at least some thought to what they would like to have happen in the new year. What they, perhaps, would like to change, improve or alter. For many, it is the same list from the previous year. By writing your goals you are putting greater emphasis on those goals and the likelihood of them being reached just improved by that one simple act.
    So this year, I would recommend that people WRITE their goals down, include some kind of incentive for working on the goal and a reward for when they reach that goal. I would also recommend placing some type of timeline to your goal and make it realistic. Good Luck To All!

5. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Yes, I invest 3 months each year, from September through December, planning my goals and methods for the next year. This year required some deep self-re-evaluation. But it moved quickly, and the plan is in place. I have a great year, and a great decade, coming. (To learn more, read my hubs on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.)

I agree with aLifeOfDesign said about writing being crucial. But, I've found that, for me, writing is not enough. If I want to succeed, I find it necessary to write my plan and then read it aloud to myself every day. I've been doing that since 1997. Big difference!

6. B. Leekley profile image89
    B. Leekleyposted 5 years ago

No. Will do on December 31. For sure one will be to significantly increase my HubPages production.

7. Bretsuki profile image78
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

For me planning is a daily occupation. I do not really invest much time planning to make New Year resolutions or plans.

I have goals to accomplish several things next year but they are all part of a ongoing plan. As I achieve those goals then others will definitely take their place.

I don't write the goals down as I cannot go back to read them, being blind, but I have them fixed in my mind for me that is just as good.

8. brajeev profile image79
    brajeevposted 5 years ago

I've never in my life, written down any of my goals. And I will never ever do it either. I am a person who takes life as it comes. If at all I write something down, I'll be too damn concerned about reaching those targets, and if I don't get to achieve them, I will be disappointed. So it is better to take life as it comes and this will let you be happy.

9. hawaiianodysseus profile image82
    hawaiianodysseusposted 5 years ago

Yes, I certainly have. In respect for and compliance with the HubPages rules, I cannot leave a link here. However, I'd love to share my goals/resolutions with the HP readership and any other interested parties, so I'm putting the invitation out to check out my respective hub on this topic. Aloha and Mahalo!

1. cam8510 profile image96
      cam8510posted 5 years agoin reply to this

My understanding is that if the link relates to the topic at hand, it is legitimate to post.  Maybe I'm wrong here, but I have been told the same.

10. cam8510 profile image96
    cam8510posted 5 years ago

I do have some goals for next year, and I have written them down and even shared them with other people.  I find that sharing them helps because those people may ask along the line if I am following through.  I am excited about my plans and know that if I succeed, I will be a much happier person, emotionally, financially and physically.  Thanks for asking this timely question.

11. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yep. But I will revise those goals after the semester finishes and I see what I can get done over the winter break.

12. moneyfairy profile image74
    moneyfairyposted 5 years ago

I try and create my life on a daily basis rather than a yearly basis. It seem alot less overwhealming when you think just one day at a time.
    Great Question thanks!!!

13. safiq ali patel profile image73
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

to stay focused with the things that keep my health stable.

working