jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What should I do if I accidentally swallow chewing gum?

1. ngureco profile image85
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

What should I do if I accidentally swallow chewing gum?

2. NornsMercy profile image61
    NornsMercyposted 5 years ago

lol! The same thing you do with other food. It gets processed just the same and will come out in a day or so.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Nothing. There is nothing harmful about swallowing gum. Nor is the old wives tale true that it takes 7 years to digest. Keep on chewing. smile

4. xanzacow profile image70
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

As the others have already stated, nothing. It will work itself out in the end. (Pun intended)

5. kwade tweeling profile image91
    kwade tweelingposted 5 years ago

Ever been chewing gum and accidentally, or intentionally, mixed it with other food (like candy)?

Notice how it starts to break down really fast?

No? Well, try it some time.

And if you are STILL worried, eat peanut butter. Peanut butter breaks down gum fast.

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I did that as a child all the time. Don't worry about it. Just don't eat another piece so soon! It would be worse if you ate hair or coins. Those are actually a little common.

7. profile image53
    KIm Jolieposted 5 years ago

To me nothing gonna happen to you, you'll be OK. I'm not even remember how many times I've swallowed chewing gum but nothing happen.

Don't worry and don't do anything to it and forget it. Our stomach has ability to deal with every kind for things, Although it won't be digest by our digestive system but our out but our gut just keeps moving them along until they make it all the way through the intestines and come out the other end.