jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How do you overcome feelings of inadequacy?

1. Phelcky profile image60
    Phelckyposted 5 years ago

How do you overcome feelings of inadequacy?

2. liftandsoar profile image81
    liftandsoarposted 5 years ago

You caught my attention 'cause there's a Lily watching TV in the next room.  My granddaughter.  Your question is huge, but I just came across this on UTube which you may find useful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … P39WYwAkAA

1. Phelcky profile image60
      Phelckyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This video was so great! thank you very much smile

3. CARIBQUEEN profile image74
    CARIBQUEENposted 5 years ago

Inadequate feelings can be overcome by believing in yourself and loving yourself one hundred percent.  These feelings can sometimes stem from low ego and low self-esteem but can be overcome by doing the best that you can without any regrets or hangups. Love yourself unconditionally.

4. artblack01 profile image59
    artblack01posted 5 years ago

The way I overcome feelings of inadequacy is by realizing that EVERYONE has those feelings and that is all they are, feelings, they aren't the truth.  As human beings we are capable of doing anything, we just have to motivate ourselves to do something, we have to fight to make our dreams/goals come true.

5. profile image0
    Moeskyposted 5 years ago

Inadequate according to who? According to what?
    I just stop listening to others or even myself when I start questioning my capacities.

We are all constantly in a process of learning and growth, and we should enjoy and be thankful for this chance. Inadequacy suggests that there is some sort of measuring system apparent in life that defines your level of worthiness. There is no system for this unless you build one for yourself, and if you build one you can also tear it down.