jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are things you do to wind down before going to sleep at night?

1. Brinafr3sh profile image80
    Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago

What are things you do to wind down before going to sleep at night?

I play Scrabble online while listening to Pandora radio online (in another tab), and I read a verse from the Bible before going to bed at night.

2. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 5 years ago

I knit.  I find knitting to be very soothing; and, I also get a lovely variety of sweaters and other handknit items.  Unfortunately, knitting seems be a dying art.

3. Stina Caxe profile image86
    Stina Caxeposted 5 years ago

I usually either watch TV or read right before bed.  It helps me take my mind off my life and any issues that have been bugging me all day!

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I try to wind down through my usual night routine of cleaning my face and brushing/flossing my teeth by dimming the lights. This is often after reading a book, which definately gets me in the mood to sleep.

5. sasanqua profile image80
    sasanquaposted 5 years ago

I read until I can't keep my eyes open any longer!

6. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

A warm shower...comforting massage...good book...soft music...gentle prayer.

7. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I read, either on my kindle or a book.  Sometimes it works, other times I end up staying up way too late because I'm enjoying a book so much I fight sleep lol.

8. profile image0
    Moeskyposted 5 years ago

Probably won't be a popular answer... but I drink a last coffee and smoke a cigarette while reflecting on the day. And when that doesn't work...I read.

9. Ebonny profile image89
    Ebonnyposted 5 years ago

I like to reflect on the day and, even if it hasn't been the best of days, try and find some positives (they are ALWAYS there if you look hard enough) and be thankful for them.