jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)

What is one thing you have to do before going to bed at night?

1. Brinafr3sh profile image80
    Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago

What is one thing you have to do before going to bed at night?

2. sereseus profile image75
    sereseusposted 5 years ago

Obviously the answer will be to pee.LOL.
    I take some time to pray before I sleep.smile

3. mvillecat profile image78
    mvillecatposted 5 years ago

Wash my face to clean it completely. I can never rest well until my face is free of makeup.

4. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

shut off the light... if I'm going to bed it makes it a lot easier to sleep when it's dark in the room smile

5. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

Pray, after the other neccessary things are done.

6. GiblinGirl profile image84
    GiblinGirlposted 5 years ago

I have to take my dog out one last time right before I go to bed.

1. Beelady profile image60
      Beeladyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Me too!  I can forget turning out lights, brushing teeth and cleaning face without guilt, but not that.

7. pjlacy5 profile image61
    pjlacy5posted 5 years ago

Read my 24 hour AA book and Thank my higher power for another wonderful day,, whether it was "wonderful" in a wordly sense or challenging yet spiritually deepening and rewarding.  Sometimes I make a gratitude list in my head to reframe any of the negativity and resentment I am holding onto.  It sounds corny and I am def not one for corny, but I have tried it and it works.  Sweet dreams!!

8. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Brush my teeth and wash my face. If I don't, I can feel everything on my face and teeth. Then in the morning, my teeth will hurt when I wake up. Even one session of brushing teeth matters.

9. Lady_E profile image76
    Lady_Eposted 5 years ago

I usually like to write down my Affirmations - I'm supposed to say them, but I write them instead a few times. (I never have time in the morning).

10. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I always have a drink of water before I go to bed (and of course I wake in the night to use the bathroom because of it!!)

11. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Brush teeth, wash face, use the bathroom and head to bed.  Not terribly exciting but all necessary.  My husband puts the dogs out for one last bathroom call so I am free of that duty.

12. suk91 profile image73
    suk91posted 5 years ago

To pray and thank god for the things he has given me through out the day! smile

13. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

My one thing is a routine:  relax in a hoth bath, brush my teeth, then read a bit iclud. my daily devotional before turning out the light. smile

14. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

My husband would say that I don't have just one thing that I have to do before going to bed. I check all the locks after letting the dog out the last time. I check on my children. I have a routine of getting a glass of water, checking the baby monitors, going to the bathroom, putting lotion on my hands (I can't go to sleep with dry hands), putting on chapstick, turning off the lights, saying prayers, and drifting off to sleep. I have to do all of them or I cannot go to sleep (I wash my face and brush my teeth earlier in the evening).

On the other hand, my husband takes off his socks and pants next to the bed and climbs into bed. He's asleep almost instantly. We're so very different!