jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is an active hobby that I could take up to get more exercise, but doesn't f

1. hrymel profile image88
    hrymelposted 5 years ago

What is an active hobby that I could take up to get more exercise, but doesn't feel like work?

I don't want to dread working out, so I'm trying to find a hobby that I could enjoy and look forward to that would keep me active and help me maintain a healthy weight.

2. CyclingFitness profile image95
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

How about gardening?

It's not a strenuous exercise but will keep you very busy while you burn extra calories. The end results can be just as pleasing for your body in the long term as well as when everything blossoms!

Whatever you decide to try. If you enjoy it you'll keep doing it and that is always going to be a positive approach towards keeping a healthy weight.

3. days leaper profile image80
    days leaperposted 5 years ago

Try walking.  Instead of getting the car to the shops etc.  Even getting the bus back home from the supermarket means that you are more likely to exercise more than you normally would!  -And less road rage has got to be healthier!
    -You might find you do a bit of running to catch the bus when visiting friends, or a routine doctors appointment etc.

4. Faith A Mullen profile image86
    Faith A Mullenposted 5 years ago

Taking up nature photography could get you up and walking through parks. Hiking, biking, and dance are also great workouts that can be fun at the same time.

5. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

dancing, hiking, gardening, swimming are all some ideas.  You could also try learning a sport if you are drawn to any of them - softball, tennis etc.  There are plenty of ways to "sneak in" exercise.  I have a hub all about doing just that if you're interested.