jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How to prevent stretch marks caused by working out?

1. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

How to prevent stretch marks caused by working out?

2. swati17 profile image69
    swati17posted 5 years ago

I've heard ...application of lavender oil or cocoa butter helps with stretch marks... You can give it a try..no side effects..

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

My friend, I have them myself. I have tried everything. I'm sure you know it is from growing muscle fast. I have found no way of preventing them, if you want to get big quick. It is just a part of weight training I'm afraid.

4. Sean Evans profile image83
    Sean Evansposted 5 years ago

stretch marks from working out?   In my experience its from two causes.  1)  Suddenly losing to much weight and not adding muscle as well.  Such as those who wish to lose crazy amounts by cardio only.   2) Second reason is upposite of the spectrum.  Its caused by gaining to much muscle too quickly in one particular area.  Mostly from muscle imbalance workouts, or supplementation.   However there are times were 18 to 25 males are going through big growth time and have a natural ability to recover and gain mass quickly. 

So in other words you might want to slow it down on either end.

5. Maggie Bennett profile image72
    Maggie Bennettposted 5 years ago

I find stretch marks for me are the result of dieting without exercising.  Not too many people really enjoy exercising, but the ones who do look better and feel better than the ones who don't.

6. Dusana1234 profile image61
    Dusana1234posted 5 years ago

Applying Coconut Oil to the skin has been proven to help prevent stretch mark damage and scaring. It can also minimize the appearance of existing ones.
    Also Vitamin E is a good treatment option to reduce or eliminate stretch marks and scars. Have a look at my blog if you like, I wrote there more options how to get rid of strech marks.
    http://www.letnedni.com/2012/09/get-rid … ks_15.html
    Hope this will help.
    Dusana :-)

7. profile image50
    francisgroposeposted 4 years ago

How to reduce stretch marks? You would need a diet packed with vitamins and minerals for the skin. The reason you are having stretch marks from your workout is the rapid growth of muscles. The skin in this case is unable to adjust itself to the growing size of your muscle causing it to tear apart and that is what you see as stretch mark.

http://bodytreatmentcenter.com/cutting- … tch-marks/

working