jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Hello What's the best ways to prevent and remove stretch marks on a pregnant wo

1. Janee1 profile image52
    Janee1posted 6 years ago

What's the best ways to prevent and remove stretch marks on a pregnant woman.

I've used raw Shea up to 7 months and just start seeing stretch marks. I brought Bio oil and after research and reading your article I see I waste my money and should trash the product. Please help my find the best thing to use in place of. I am now 8 1/2 months.

2. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Shea butter is the best.  You have to make sure it's pure though.

3. brandasaur profile image61
    brandasaurposted 6 years ago

Once you got stretchmarks it can never go away. If it is still dark or purplish, use shea butter or any lotions with collagen. But it will never go away completely not until you opt to surgery such as skin grafting or stretchmark correction.

I researched about this things because i have nasty stretchmarks after my first baby. And they are making me super depressed.

4. mmm-mama profile image57
    mmm-mamaposted 6 years ago

Congrats on your pregnancy! The thing about stretch marks is they are part of your genetics, If you are going to get them, you are going to get them! (I've been told this by countless doctors and nurses all through 3 pregnancies! ) There's no way to really prevent them. But you can help them fade. With my first pregnancy, I used Palmer's coco butter and didn't see a single stretch mark until 38 weeks, then they were popping up everywhere and itchy as hell! Whatever you do, DO NOT SCRATCH THEM! Scratching will make them 200% worse and even itchier! Every time they itch, lotion lotion lotion!

After my first baby was born I used Vaseline brand Coco Butter lotion and Bio Oil in the morning and before bed. 8 months later, they had faded so much you couldn't even tell they were there! big_smile But then, I was pregnant again and they came right back!

Now, 6 months after my third baby I'm just starting the Bio Oil again, and already noticing a difference. Bio Oil worked amazing for me, but I only used it after pregnancy because like I said if your genetics say you are going to get stretch marks when you are pregnant, there's no stopping them! So I don't think there's much of a point to use the Bio Oil while you are pregnant. Also I've heard that tanning helps, but I've never tried because I am very fair and burn easily, and as a mom of 3, I don't have time to go tanning! Good luck!

5. stevemark122000 profile image68
    stevemark122000posted 6 years ago

Janee, since you asked this question in the comment section of my Bio Oil article I have already answered it there.