jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What Are The Best Foods To Eat When You Have A Cold?

1. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. Gabriel Wilson profile image92
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 5 years ago

Chicken soup is great for a cold. A spoon of fresh honey in the morning and in the evening is another good food. Fresh mint tea works too. Hope your feeling better soon smile

3. Silva Hayes profile image90
    Silva Hayesposted 5 years ago

Honey with lots of cinnamon mixed in it.  Homemade vegetable soup containing lots of onions and garlic, potatoes and carrots.  Fresh fruit.  Stay away from dairy products.

4. rclinton5280 profile image76
    rclinton5280posted 5 years ago

The best foods to eat are fruits and vegetables when you have a cold. They contain fluids, vitamins, and minerals that you lose when you are sick. Berries are particularly good for this purpose. I have also had success recovering from illness with a mixture of a gallon of water, a tablespoon of honey, 1/2-1 whole lemon, and a dash of Cheyenne pepper. Drink on that for a day and you will be amazed.

5. Pamela99 profile image88
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

Every one has made good suggestions. Focus on foods high in antioxidants and vitamin C is one of the best for colds.

6. artist101 profile image67
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Foods that boost immunity, and fight viral infection. Sip Green tea, and honey. Green tea has anti viral properties as well as anti oxidants. Honey is a natural anti biotic, as well as anti infective. Chicken broth with plenty of garlic. Garlic is one of the strongest natural anti infectives around. Recent clinical trials confirmed its effectiveness against many pathogens. Among all the bacteria, viruses, and pathogens was found to be as effective as penicillin, and other prescriptive anti biotics. Foods, and juices high in vitamin C, and beta glucan, are also beneficial. Orange juice, and lemonade for vitamin C. Add carrots to your chicken soup, for a beta glucan immunity boost. The anti viral vitamins include, A, C, and zinc, so any food, or supplement that contains these nutrients will help with a cold. Among the other home remedies for a cold include olive leaf extract, zinc lozenges, as well as grape fruit seed extract.
    http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/Is-it … or-allergy

7. catgypsy profile image79
    catgypsyposted 5 years ago

I don't know if these are the best foods to eat, but I've found I want something spicy and with something hot (as in Tobasco kind of hot) in it. The Tobasco clears up my head and I can taste the spicy food better than plain food. But of course, chicken soup is medicinal too.

8. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 5 years ago

Ginger is one I've used. Add grated ginger to your dishes or eat ginger biscuits with your tea after dinner.  That should cheer up your immune system. smile

9. JMAW profile image60
    JMAWposted 5 years ago

My Grandma used to make Honey and Lemon tea for sore throats. Grandma's medicine worked every time!

10. liesl5858 profile image88
    liesl5858posted 5 years ago

The best remedy that works for me is honey and lemon but there is another one that my grandma taught me. It is drinking a cup of ginger tea which is made with fresh ginger that you crush on a cheese board and boil it until it is steaming. Remove from saucepan, put it on a strainer and drink the water with ginger. It is horrible to drink this tea on its own so you can add sugar if you like. Then make sure that you eat plenty of green vegetables and fruits that contains good nutrients. Get well soon.

11. profile image60
    PoojaMehta0911posted 5 years ago

I take in loads of liquid and the ideal liquids are water and fresh fruit juice. A balanced diet and grapefruit is good to fight against cold as it has a lot of vitamin c. The other preferred food is hot soups and spicy food that help body to fight cold.

working