Why don't searchers use those huge promotional spot lights when looking for lost

1. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

Why don't searchers use those huge promotional spot lights when looking for lost hikers?

Two young hikers have been lost in the Cleveland Forest here in California.  I have often wondered why searches don't use those huge spot lights that are shot up in the sky for car sales or for festivals, etc.  (I don't know what they're called).  Wouldn't that help people who were lost walk toward that direction, or am I way off on understanding walking toward a light in the sky if you're lost in the woods?

2. SidKemp profile image96
    SidKempposted 4 years ago

It sounds like a good idea, at least in some circumstances. The lights would have to be placed either where there is electrical power or with a truck and generator. But one never knows the condition of someone who is lost: Are they conscious? Can they walk? Not knowing these things, an active search is probably more important.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I would think depending on how far out they are a power source might be the problem. I imagine those kind of lights draw a huge amount of power.

working