Is it Okay for Men to cry?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Anamika S profile image65
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

Is it Okay for Men to cry?

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Yes, it is okay for men to cry. They are human just like anyone else. The emotional release is still required. But, usually it has to hit close to home, such as spouse or child(loss), before it happens to the "alpha" males. Some men will even cry watching a great drama. It varies from person to person. There cannot be anything wrong with it.

3. saddlerider1 profile image59
    saddlerider1posted 14 years ago

If you ever meet a man who tells you he never cries, run as fast as you can and find a real man, because if you don't and you choose to love a man who does not cry, I believe your relationship will be founded on quicksand. I cry over a lot of things and I am proud of it. Emotional release in my opinion is very healthy for your mind and spirit as well.

4. romper20 profile image82
    romper20posted 14 years ago

It is perfectly "normal" for a man to try Anamika. I personally feel the human spirit is like nothing else. Once a certain time in one's life comes that  reflects negativity upon you, crying helps anyone not just a man get past it mentally and physically. Your post interested me though. Thank you.

5. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I find it odd if a man doesn't cry, really.  Men are human just like women, after all.  I don't find him weak if he does, in fact I find it representative of a strength he has.  It's society that deems it "unmanly" and "weak" unfortunately.  It's something we need to change.  I have a son and I always encourage him to express his feelings, both good and bad.  Emotional repression is bad both mentally and physically.  Good question.

6. ramkkasturi profile image59
    ramkkasturiposted 14 years ago

May be it is common for  men to  weep but not cry. Crying perhaps has more physical expression, weeping is more a quite expression of sorrow  This is due to  control..But in some cultures crying by men is perfectly accepted. Men tend to be as emotional as women. It is actually the culture which seems to have laid  the norms for each gender  than the nature for each   gender. Even among animals male animals do cry, feel the pains of separation and feel emotions like  jealousy. Men try to control crying for physical injuries but mentally they are equally, if not more vulnerable.       
    Ramkkasturi

7. profile image56
    foreignpressposted 14 years ago

Probably your question should be, "Is it Okay for Men to Cry in Public?" Much depends on the culture. Frenchmen openly cry in public. Men in the Middle East also cry openly. Not so Asian men. For a man to weep openly in America is masculine suicide. In fact, I've heard women say they don't like to see men cry, even though they also demand that men be more openly sensitive. But American men do cry in private.

8. darrylcrawford profile image69
    darrylcrawfordposted 14 years ago

Absolutely. We're human too, though we are not as emotion as women are we REAL MEN have soft spots, breaking points. Even Alpha men can benefit from releasing their pains on a trusted friend's shoulder. Emotional release is needed for everyone. Some men deny and say they haven't ever cried once in their life, well if that's true you might want to run the other way, that guy is not human. lol. But really, it's a yes. We REAL MEN cry when we're happy or sad. We may take a little longer (for some a lot longer) than women but we all have a breaking point when the mighty tough one needs a trusted shoulder to cry on and release the tears, wipe them away and go back out there, with a purpose and come back stronger than before. Men need to cry at times. Women cry and get it out, figure out their feelings, think it over and feel better and so can men. In reality the one who is in touch with their spiritual, mental and emotional self are truly the stronger ones. Crying is normal.

9. jite profile image38
    jiteposted 14 years ago

absolutely Anamika,Men also have feelings and emotions,I think they cry equally,but most of the time not in front of anybody.

10. ktps profile image59
    ktpsposted 14 years ago

it is okay for men to cry. even though they say they can't they can. they have feelings just like us

11. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 14 years ago

Anamika of course it is more than OK for a man to cry. Men have feelings and emotions as much as women do. Men just like to pretend to be tougher and fight to hold back so as not to appear weak. I even cry when I listen to special music and even with some movie scenes too.

12. 2005Fleet profile image59
    2005Fleetposted 14 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Is-It-Okay-For-Men-To-Cry

I wrote a hub on it if you are interested.

13. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 14 years ago

Yes it's okay for men to cry.  And a great reason for his women to offer him comfort in such times.

14. dakotarae profile image61
    dakotaraeposted 14 years ago

depends on the situation, and what is going on. i would say yes of course/

15. eli grey profile image60
    eli greyposted 14 years ago

If he has a heart then he cries. Men can be proud though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)