jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

What do you do when you have an intense headache?

1. LailaK profile image77
    LailaKposted 4 years ago

What do you do when you have an intense headache?

2. Codebreak profile image77
    Codebreakposted 4 years ago

I suffer from migranes and the only thing that helps is taking excedrine migrane staying in a dark room with ice on my eyes and forehead. I had a real severe one and only getting 2 shots at urgent care helped. I wish I had asked what the shot was for it instandly took the pain away.

3. L.L. Woodard profile image76
    L.L. Woodardposted 4 years ago

What I do when I have an intense headache varies, depending on which type of headache it is. For migraines, I take a very warm bath or shower because it pulls some of the extra blood from my head and lets the pain subside for a short period of time. At that point, then I usually go to bed in a dark room and try to sleep.

4. Mayaanjali profile image81
    Mayaanjaliposted 4 years ago

1. You can do accupressure on your palms for the point corresponding to the head region.  That works like an instant injection.
    2.Meridian therapy as an alternative cure

5. Kyle Briggs profile image60
    Kyle Briggsposted 4 years ago

I'm lucky not to have severe headaches yet...But if I'd have headaches, my instant choice would be an aspirin and sugar, or if not, I'll have a can of cold Coke.

6. Shake Shah profile image73
    Shake Shahposted 4 years ago

I would try to calm down my mind by just rinse my face with cold water. Some times I close my eyes and try to sleep.

7. artist101 profile image70
    artist101posted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8052484_f260.jpg

I dont suffer from migraines but my sister does, so I know how painful they can be. Dr Teitalbaum, a certified internist , and holistic doctor recommends Butterbur for migraines. Finding the triggers may also be an option. MSG, is a highly allergenic substance, not just hives, or swelling of the throat, it has been linked to migraines. As well as hormonal imbalance, food, and food additives, and chemicals. Keeping a headache diary may be very helpful in finding the triggers. The when, where, and what may reveal the true cause. His video can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLnbKd5V00w
    As he discussed B2, Magnesium, and butterbur. 1 gram=1000mg. of magnesium. A liquid form placed under the tongue, is directly into the blood stream, and can be obtained here Mega-Mag (replaces upc 786601005018) - 4 oz - Liquid http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I1 … es0ccf4-20

1. artist101 profile image70
      artist101posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Magnesium is probably the number one element, that the american diet is lacking. From muscles, headache, asthma, adhd, concentration, anxiety, among a million other things, is a helpful supplement in treatment, and prevention of numerous ailments

8. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 4 years ago

Take an Aleve, lay a cold damp cloth on my head, and lay down!  Unless it is due to allergies......then I take an Aleve D Sinus and Headache, then lay down!

9. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 4 years ago

I know of a few remedies: one is drinking a strong cup of coffee, Alternative medicines are Feverfew and Scullcap which are excellent for any kind of headache or bad stress, and lastly a cold splash of water to the face and a cold cloth to the back of the neck and try to relax in a peaceful setting.

working