jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do when you are feeling depress and sad?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 4 years ago

What do you do when you are feeling depress and sad?

Listen to music or read jokes. What else?

2. lburmaster profile image85
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Read a funny book. There are four of my favorite authors that have jokes and comedy in their novels. It really helps me feel better and gives me a fresher perspective. Another method is watching a movie or comedian with my husband. Sometimes you both have bad days and it's best to recharge with each other.

3. L.L. Woodard profile image76
    L.L. Woodardposted 4 years ago

I have more than one way to handle the feelings of depression/sadness. Sometimes, I just let the feelings flow. It can be cathartic to occasionally acknowledge my sadness and purge those feelings with a short cry session. Other times I find the best thing I can do is get up and get moving.

4. Wakerra profile image75
    Wakerraposted 4 years ago

Oh I hate depression so much...I've been struggling with this myself lately.  A wise man told me to "separate yourself from the depression".  Sometimes Depression is caused by environment, rather than internal conflict.  Like a gloomy day can cause depression, or a really bad home situation.  When I first went through depression, I more or less gave into it.  I clammed up, my only out was the internet and online chatrooms.  Now I'm suffering from it again, but due to various circumstances, my usual "outs" are off limits.  I've been told to get involved in my work, serve others, just get up and get moving.  I know depression is completely against any kind of get up and go attitude, but that is its weakness.

I was also counseled to "focus on the small things".  When life gets so big and proportional, sometimes taking it all on at once can cause me to burn out.  I'm learning to focus on the immediate "day to day" tasks and duties, and try not to think so much about the bigger stuff.  That will come over time

5. calmclinic profile image67
    calmclinicposted 4 years ago

Brisk walk out is the best thing for me. Just go out on comfortable shoes, hit the street or the park; if there is one near you so much the better. A breath of fresh air does a lot of good in lifting your spirits.

6. Lavender Jade profile image84
    Lavender Jadeposted 4 years ago

Be kind to yourself, do something nice, that you like to do. 
    I also agree with LL Woodward, sometimes just to accept it and let it flow and work though it works too.

7. BChild75 profile image59
    BChild75posted 4 years ago

exclude myself from the negative setting that put me in this mood and surround myself with positive ppl that enlighten my mood by merely just their company. Or maybe light my favorite candle and jam to my favorite tunes, also a walk helps sometimes.
    http://rnagy.findagooddeal.info/

8. icv profile image66
    icvposted 4 years ago

listen to music. or play with kids...........

working