jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do to over come a loss( grieving) and get on with it?

1. suzzycue profile image93
    suzzycueposted 4 years ago

What do you do to over come a loss( grieving) and get on with it?

On May 19th/20123 my Best friend, Mentor and hero passed on. One of my friends who also lost their best friend on May 15th/2013 said I won't get over it. Do you agree?

2. larakern profile image73
    larakernposted 4 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss. Getting over the loss of someone close to you is a long, difficult process that can take years. I lost my father back in January and am still feeling a deep void. Every time I go to tell him something I remember that he's gone physically from this world. I don't believe that the wound ever really heals but it does get less painful after a time. I wrote a hub on how to get over the loss of a loved one. You can check it out here :http://larakern.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-get-over-the-loss-of-a-loved-one . I hope that helps.

suzzycueposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you larakern; I appreciate your comment and I will read your hub. Sorry for your loss also and I get what you say about telling them something and you can't.

2. larakern profile image73
      larakernposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Suzzycue3 I find that when I have something important to say to him I'll write it down on a piece of paper and burn it. I don't know why but sometimes that helps me.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Time is key in the grieving process and you need to allow yourself to feel it.  Will you get over it?  You will move on and in time it will not be paramount on your mind, but you will always miss that person. 

I am so sorry for you loss but yes, you will be able to move on and still honor the memory of your friend.  The average for the grieving process is about 2 years.

Thank you duffsmom. I won't expect to get over grieving anytime soon then. I know my friend didn't want me to be angry or sad but it is a hard thing not to do.

2. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It is hard. I lost a dear friend to pancreatic cancer at age 45, leaving a husband and two kids. I was angry for such a long time. I do understand. I know it is a long arduous process.  I'm so sorry you lost a dear friend and are going through this.

3. suzzycue profile image93

Thank you Duffsmom. I am sorry for you too but I feel better that you understand me. Misery loves company I guess. Thank you so much for your support. I do appreciate it.

working