jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

When did you last step out of your comfort zone? What did you do, and did you fe

1. Derek Slark profile image81
    Derek Slarkposted 4 years ago

When did you last step out of your comfort zone? What did you do, and did you feel better for it?

What was it that you did and did you consider it a personal achievement? DId you feel better for having done it, either short or long term, and, if relevant, did it raise your self-confidence?

2. Hikapo profile image85
    Hikapoposted 4 years ago

I did a community project to help guys go out and meet women. So to be the leader of the pack, I had to go and approach random women in the streets and try and date them. Long story short, I helped 1 guy get a girlfriend.

I personally approached 280+ women and only got 4 dates lol. However, the biggest take away from this was that I gained the confidence to ask out girls I like.

As for feeling better, not really. It was a yo-yo roller coaster ride emotionally.

As for raising self confidence, yes it did.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

Last year, I went off a high dive for the first time in my life.  It was an 8 foot high platform.  A pastor was kind enough to pray and jump with me.  I feel LOADS better for having done it.  I haven't done it since, because he doesn't have the time, and I still don't have the nerve to go by myself.  I guess tons of meditation will help me towards that end.

1. Derek Slark profile image81
      Derek Slarkposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well done! The 8 foot height is just up to where your feet are on the platform. The more scarey bit is the perceived height, the distance between the water and your eye level, another 5 or 6 feet depending on how tall you are.

4. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 4 years ago

Just this last weekend.  I went to a Conceal and Carry class and had to shoot 20 rounds from a semi-automatic pistol.  I consider it a personal achievement, as it was a bit intimidating having to handle a live gun like that. 
    I feel better for having taken the class, though. I have gained a greater understanding and appreciation for the types of situations law enforcement officers (one of whom taught the class) have to face. I also see my many challenges in actually being able to effectively use such a weapon, which is actually comforting to me.
    My self-confidence is actually greater, too, for understanding these limitations; plus due to the fact of having done something I consider brave.

working