jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Has anyone else experience multiple chemical sensitivity?

1. Sharicey profile image59
    Shariceyposted 4 years ago

Has anyone else experience multiple chemical sensitivity?

I strongly think I have multiple chemical sensitivity. It seems like I have reactions to so many daily items like make up ( for example). I was wondering if anyone else on HP has experienced this or has any recommendations on coping with it. I just try to avoid the things I know I react to it feels like the list gets longer and it gets harder. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

2. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Yes, I am sensitive to many things and have devoted most of the past several years to natural alternatives. I don't wear makeup, I make my own shampoo/soap etc. I don't eat processed foods.  I know it can get tiresome when it seems like everything is against you - but I try to change my mindset about it.  I look at it as a personal challenge and make it a game or fun to try new alternatives. It's worked for me and I am much healthier now because of it.

Shariceyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing. Sounds a lot like me. It does get tiresome and I accept it. Its a way of life and I wouldn't go back to wearing make up or my old habits. But I get worried if it is the sign of something greater. Or something treatable. Thx again

3. fmbaxter profile image61
    fmbaxterposted 4 years ago

Yes, we are bombarded by so many toxins daily and keeping an up to date list with the reactions are key...also having benadryl dye free or another antihistamine around is also helpful...

Very true! Its unfortunate how much we are exposed to. Great advice. Benadryl is great for histamine response symptoms. Thanks!

4. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

Its usually referred to as allergies and millions have them.

You have inspired me to keep researching and write a hub about it because actually there is a difference between allergies and sensitivity. Allergy provokes an antihistamine response. Sensitivity provokes an array of symptoms like headaches. Thanks!

Closed to reply

working