jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your phobia?

1. midget38 profile image92
    midget38posted 4 years ago

What is your phobia?

2. Abhinav Narang profile image75
    Abhinav Narangposted 4 years ago

My phobia is very strange but a slightly common one, it is the phobia of failure.

3. Stephanie7889 profile image84
    Stephanie7889posted 4 years ago

Spiders for sure... they are so scary. I think the fact that they can slip in and poison me without even being seen scares me the most. If I see a spider, I'm not scared to kill it. I just worry that it might disappear then reappear when I do not have my guard up.

Spiders are sneaky little boogers.

4. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image85
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years ago

I feel my phobia is ophidiophobia or the fear of snakes! I simply DON'T LIKE SNAKES! I don't like even looking at film footage of them. We sometimes get snakes around our house, and just the thought that this can happen is enough to make me feel like I could throw-up. I can't talk myself out of it. It doesn't matter whether or not the snake is poisonous. I just can't handle being around them!

5. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Heights......without a doubt.   It's actually a morbid fear.  I become light-headed and nauseous, simply LOOKING up and imagining being that high up.   I don't know when or how I developed this particular phobia, but I've not been able to overcome it.   
    I have vivid frightening memories of the waves of panic I have experienced, on occasions when I found myself looking way down from where I happen to be standing.  The severe physical reaction includes rapid heart beat, hyperventilating, I've even burst into tears.
    Any other minor phobia I may have, pales in comparison to heights.......Can you imagine being in Paris, France and not going up the Eiffel Tower?    I couldn't even watch my family reach the top!

6. janetwrites profile image85
    janetwritesposted 4 years ago

I'm afraid of heights. I can climb high buildings but I can't be there for a long time and I can't look down. I will feel dizzy then.

7. MizBejabbers profile image91
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

All my life I have been afraid of the dark. I must have been born that way because I can't remember when I wasn't. I feel all crawly in the dark, like something is crawling on me. My parents would never let me sleep with a light on, so I'm not afraid of the dark when I'm in bed, and I can't sleep unless the room is pitch black.

working