jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

Do you know someone that suffers from Fecundaphobia? And if so..

1. bethperry profile image90
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

Do you know someone that suffers from Fecundaphobia? And if so..

have they acknowledged their irrational fear/behavior and seek to modify it? Or do they instead rationalize it with sweeping rhetoric and stereotypes?

*Fecundaphobia: the irrational and sometimes morbid fear of large families.*

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Oooooh... this is gonna get interesting. (Nukes popcorn, opens beer, waits for fireworks)

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Freddy, bring the wine and I will bring the sushi. Let's watch this! Michelle Duggar anyone! People do not fear large families, they find them to be QUAINT.It's the large families who criticize small families, not the other way around.FEAR?!HA HA HAA

2. bethperry profile image90
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

gmwilliams, an interesting comment you shared. Thanks for the enlightening moment.

3. profile image0
      CalebSparksposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Actually, gm, Fecundaphobia IS a real fear for some. In your case it may really just be hatred. Have you ever sought help for your problem?  Lol...

4. gmwilliams profile image84

There's no such thing as fecundophobia. It's a concocted word.  Intelligent people see large families for what it is-totally useless in the postmodern society where there is access to advanced methods of contraception.You're a 19th century man.

5. profile image0
      CalebSparksposted 4 years agoin reply to this

No one is asking you to love large families. You are entitled to your opinion. Your obvious, bitter hatred toward the parents of large families is what people here recognize. That's the problem...

6. FatFreddysCat profile image100
      FatFreddysCatposted 4 years agoin reply to this

gmwilliams, I am not much of a wine drinker... is beer OK? smile

7. gmwilliams profile image84

Certainly is, bring ALL the beer you can.  I have just written a hub on the very subject, check it out. You'll LOVE my take on the matter.(smiling devishly)

3. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 4 years ago

I certainly do. She's one of those who have nothing left to learn because they already know it all!

And to use her terminology, "you are spot on with your analysis."  big_smile

CalebSparks, how sad. I don't think any of us know everything.

4. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

You hear it here folks. There is a brand new word, boys and girls. It's called fecundophobia.What is that  you ask? Well, it's a coined word which means fear of large famililes.  Do YOU believe this! read more

gmwilliams, you didn't bother to answer the original question but you were inspired to write an entire Hub dedicated to denying the condition in question even exists. Wow, that does take determination!

5. LongTimeMother profile image95
    LongTimeMotherposted 4 years ago

lol. I'm guessing every accountant I've ever met probably suffers from fecundaphobia. That'll be why they gave me a precise dollar amount for the expected cost of raising a child and looked shocked and horrified every time I fostered another one!  smile

lol smile

working