jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you get rid of a stress headache without taking medication?

1. denise.w.anderson profile image92
    denise.w.andersonposted 4 years ago

How do you get rid of a stress headache without taking medication?

2. loveofnight profile image80
    loveofnightposted 4 years ago

Meditation is the only thing that helps me. I hate medications even aspirin. Just cut everything off and find a place to relax in and go for it.

3. carol3san profile image60
    carol3sanposted 4 years ago

I know this may be easier said than done, but I try to relax calmly.  Sometimes this may be a little difficult to do, depending on the degree of stress.  However, if I can take my focus off what the cause of the stress is momentarily, it seems to help to make me feel better.  When I'm feeling better, (when the headache is gone), I can better handle what is causing me the stress by either accepting the situation as it is, or get busy in fixing it.

4. innerspin profile image91
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

Eucalyptus gel rub to the temples, across the forehead, and back of the neck. For a moment you think nothing's happening, then your eyes water a bit, then cooling relief starts to kick in. Great stuff!

5. Sri T profile image79
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

See a doctor first. If everything is ok, then eliminate stress by remaining at a distance from thoughts that cause stress. Be detached. Give yourself special relaxation time to clear. Listen to relaxing music and unplug from problem people and the worldly turmoil.

6. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 4 years ago

I do Pilates, drink lots of water and take feverfew extract.

working