jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Should Marijuana be legal? What should the age minimum be?

1. profile image53
    Marina Knutsenposted 4 years ago

Should Marijuana be legal? What should the age minimum be?

2. Ronwan profile image72
    Ronwanposted 4 years ago

I think it should not !!
    I live in the Netherlands where selling marijuana in coffee shops is legal.
    Many buyers are young people, say younger than 30.
    Different studies have learned that intensive consumption of marijunana over a long period of time cause brain damage. Many of these young people use marijuana daily. If they keep on doing this for many years, think of the damage it does to these people, but also to the economy !!

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I think Marijuana should be legal in the U.S. with the same restrictions as alcohol (age 21, no high driving, etc.) It would bring much needed tax revenue to struggling cities while making less of a health impact than alcohol and cigarettes.

1. Ronwan profile image72
      Ronwanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So, go for the benefits of a higher tax income and not taking the health effects serious?
      The health impact looks less than alcohol and cigarettes, but the effects do not show right away, but years and years later !!

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
      M. T. Dremerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

A lot of people who have used marijuana, in some form or another, have no lasting medical problems. Especially if they eat the plant rather than smoke it. If health is the concern, alcohol and cigarettes should be banned first.

3. Ronwan profile image72
      Ronwanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you that alcohol and cigarettes are really bad. Most people here smoke the marijuana and there have been some extensive studies over here that smoking marijuana over a long period of time do cause brain damage. A few smokes won't hurt.

working