jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Should Marijuana Be Legal In The United States?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image76
    crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years ago

Should Marijuana Be Legal In The United States?

I really wonder why the U.S. doesn't legalize marijuana and tax it. I really believe its stupid to keep it illegal and no I don't use it though I once did. It is now legal in Colorado. Why not Nationwide. Prohibition with alcohol did not work. And it will never work with marijuana either. I think we are stupid if we don't legalize it , tax it and use that tax money to help America.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7642567_f260.jpg

2. NotPC profile image58
    NotPCposted 5 years ago

Slow and steady wins the race my friend. Legalization can't happen overnight, but the end goal of Nationwide legalization is inevitable at this point. I am a Colorado resident and so far, legalization has been a complete success. Even our police officers are very pleased with the results. It's only a matter of time smile

3. BizGenGirl profile image88
    BizGenGirlposted 5 years ago

That's kind of a rhetorical question anymore, lol.

As NotPC says, patience is key right now. The energy is in motion, it's happening, chill. smile

1. NotPC profile image58
      NotPCposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haha ya dig!?

4. LauraD093 profile image84
    LauraD093posted 5 years ago

The short and definite answer is yes. Although I don't partake myself it seems (and has seemed) pretty ridiculous to have booze legal and pot not. The government just needs to figure out how much they can get out of legalizing it. Once Uncle Sam figures out how to profit from it -all states will have it legalized.

5. JimTxMiller profile image76
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

You will get no argument for continuing criminalization of grass from this sector. Look how well it has worked so far. I keep thinking of what Al Einstein said about insanity being the act of doing the exact same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

6. Mitch Alan profile image81
    Mitch Alanposted 5 years ago

It should be decriminalized on the federal level and then, as per the 10th Amendment, be left to each of the several States to decide themselves. If the people of one State want to make it legal and/or tax it within their State, then that should be the deciding factor.

7. ib radmasters profile image61
    ib radmastersposted 5 years ago

The real question should be why is alcohol and tobacco still legal in the United States. Is Marijuana any different from these two drugs?

working