Do you believe that blindness and most other eye diseases will be eliminated dur

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Do you believe that blindness and most other eye diseases will be eliminated during the

latter part of the 21st century and the beginning of the 22nd century?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8907513_f260.jpg

2. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

Not really. But, I believe sight will be restorative through technology. Blindness has too many causes. My cousin lost his sight of both eyes due to diabetes before reaching twenty. They actually removed both eyes. The blood vessels ruptured at the retina - diabetic retinopathy.

As he explained it to me it was so sever it was a nightmare having sight. It is like looking through a window that does not break but has severe fractures. Light does odd things, parts of objects or persons are distorted and fragmented, and so forth. He said it was horror all the time. I am not sure of the cause for removal - medical or the nightmarish sight.

3. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

I truly have hope that one day blindness and other eye diseases will eventually be solved and cured. Vision is very important. It's one of the critical senses that we rely on every day. If you lose your hearing, no big deal. You can still eat, get around on your own, etc. However, if you lose your sight, your lifestyle will change dramatically. That's why I'm an advocate for cures and things that can be researched for the eyes and vision.

working